Author Topic: William Mclaughlin, Maggie Jane O'Kane help with wife/mother  (Read 5670 times)

Offline kaneda2019

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Mclaughlin, Maggie Jane O'Kane help with wife/mother
« on: Monday 25 October 10 11:29 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for the wife of William Mclaughlin, I dont have name or any dates all I know is that William died 10/1/1901 and his daughter Maggie Jane Born about 1874  married Andrew O'Kane 20/8/1896

Areas include Muldonagh, Feeny, Banagher

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Mclaughlin, Maggie Jane O'Kane help with wife/mother
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 October 10 14:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   This is tentative but there is an Ellen McLaughlin, a widow living in the townland of Muldonagh with two sons, William born USA and Denis born Co. Londonderry in the 1901 census. On 30 June 1865 William McLaughlin married Eleanor Deeny in Feeny Roman Catholic Church. A parent search on the IGI shows that a William McLaughlin and an Ellen Deeny had a daughter, Margaret, on 1 Mar 1867 in Newark, New Jersey.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 25 October 10 14:28 BST (UK) »
Here's the link for 1901 census entry mentioned above-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/Drum/Muldonagh/1523964

LDS Pilot site lists Denis Mclaughlin born 4 Aug.1879 Muldonagh- parents William Mclaughlin & Ellen Deeny.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline kaneda2019

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 10:41 BST (UK) »
I know this is 5 years later but the info you give me at the time didn't really help as I couldn't connect any of the information because of Maggie Jane's birth being located in co.Derry according to the census, and I couldn't see any other way to confirm the information. 5 years later and a few attempts to figure this out and I finally did, and believe it or not it led to the information you provided. I linked it all together through information I got about my Granny's Cousin and also other surnames of her cousins to find sisters of Maggie Jane. So I found my Granny's cousin and her mum Cecilia was born in Newark, New Jersey so I do search and there you go I find her with Margaret (Maggie Jane) age 3 and 1 living with William McLaughlin and Ellen Deeny in Newark in the 1870 US Census. Even though she was born in USA both census are co.Derry and that has been my holy grail quest since 2010 because of that. This was the last of my Great great grandparents that I need to find and finally its finished. Onto the next generation!

Also the church record of marriage between William McLaughlin and Ellen Deeny was after 1864 but I can't find any civil record of the Marriage on GRONI, any suggestions?

Thanks, David

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 14:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   See reply No.1 where it states that Eleanor Deeny married William McLaughlin in Feeny Roman Catholic Church on 30 Jun 1865. This church is in the parish of Banagher in the Limavady District.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim