Author Topic: Missing connection to Bouch family  (Read 8472 times)

Offline esdel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Missing connection to Bouch family
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 March 12 07:19 GMT (UK) »
As this Lancelot Bouch captained (owned?)
The Westmoreland
The Aimwell
The Ardent
The Grecian

and was not the only captain Lancelot Bouch alive at the time, we should make sure he was in command at the time of this arrest.
What happened to him as a result?
I have no death date for him

One I do have a death date for is
Lancelot Bouch son of Lancelot Bouch.
He was chr 2 Feb 1777 at Brigham, Cunberland
and died 9 Aug 1832
His brother was William
Bouch, Say, Marshall, Sproule, Turnbull,  Newby, Rouse, Curwen. Birdhope Craig

Offline Jujum

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 July 16 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Esdel

My grandmother was called Dorothy Bouch-Hissey.

I am not sure if her christened name was Dorothy, and I think her name had been hyphenated by marrying John Hissey.... Not sure but can check with family if you are interested.

My grandmother told me that she was a direct decedent of Sir Thomas Bouch. She was either his daughter or grand daughter.

When I was younger she gave me a cast iron model train with Sir Thomas Bouch written on it. It was obviously a commemorative thing that he was given through his railway work. It was about one and a half feet long and was really heavy.

She also talked about his death and that he died of a broken heart after the Tay Bridge disaster. She always maintained that the builders didn't build to his designed and he took the blame for the tragedy unjustly. Research tells me she was probably wrong.

I found your post when I was attempting to see if I could find the model train she gave me which was stolen from me about 30 years ago. As was a stamp album that my uncle put together before he was tragically killed in the Second World War.

I would dearly love to find out more about our family tree so would be very happy to here back from you with anything about the Bouch Family, especially children so I can confirm Dorothy as either daughter or grand daughter of sir Thomas Bouch.

I also believe we have a family Crest somewhere with is from this line of the family.

Many thanks

Offline Marmite369

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 January 21 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Esdel, I am related to Sir Thomas Bouch too! I will ask my family about his relatives, I am his great x4 niece and I hope this helps.
Marmite369