Author Topic: Young/Stewart families of Ballynameen  (Read 9603 times)

Offline YoungClan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Young/Stewart families of Ballynameen
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 01 February 17 04:16 GMT (UK) »
We are setting up Clan Young in NZ with the Clan Young around the world. If people would like to learn more Contact Clan Young, Clan Young Shop NZ in the making.

Moderator comment: telephone number removed

Offline YoungClan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 01 February 17 04:26 GMT (UK) »
Also Clan Young now has a Clan Young New Zealand fb page with help and contributions from Clan Young around the world and this is in its first week and growing. All contributions and involvement most welcome and very much encouraged. Its Clan Time.  8)

Offline findme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 21:44 BST (UK) »
hello all , having read some of the information of ROBERT YOUNG of ballinameen I am quite shore that my gr gr grandmother is his daughter JANE YOUNG  (one of those who stayed in Ireland ) I am doing the family tree at the moment and I would love any information at all on the young family 
having read some of the posts it seems that this sight has been just fantastic in not just sharing information but in the case of the young family it has also linked kin across the world

I am more than happy to share my information

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 31 May 18 09:52 BST (UK) »
hello all , having read some of the information of ROBERT YOUNG of ballinameen I am quite shore that my gr gr grandmother is his daughter JANE YOUNG  (one of those who stayed in Ireland ) I am doing the family tree at the moment and I would love any information at all on the young family 
having read some of the posts it seems that this sight has been just fantastic in not just sharing information but in the case of the young family it has also linked kin across the world

I am more than happy to share my information

When, where and who did Jane Young marry?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline findme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 04 June 18 12:57 BST (UK) »
     jane married 1869 garvagh ch of Ireland james lamon (but its lamont) her father is Robert young and James's father is alexander lamon/lamont   the young family are from ballynameen townland and the lamon/lamonts are from killyvally townland

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 04 June 18 14:09 BST (UK) »
     jane married 1869 garvagh ch of Ireland james lamon (but its lamont) her father is Robert young and James's father is alexander lamon/lamont   the young family are from ballynameen townland and the lamon/lamonts are from killyvally townland

Lamont, Lamon, Lemon, etc. are just different versions of the same name and there's no 'correct' version.

Robert Young of Ballinameen died 1899 (age 75) & his wife Nancy (nee Stewart of Gortfad) died 1905 (age 84 according to their gravestone in 2nd Garvagh (Main St.) Presbyterian Church. There were married there 27 Oct.1846- his father George Young and her father John Stewart.

Lots about the family and descendants to be found online but much of it is incorrect.

Offline findme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 10:07 BST (UK) »
  thank you for the help     my line is their son Thomas james lamont  a twin to may  birth reg 13 October 1879  killyvally townland birth reg garvagh Coleraine
 he married annie mary pedan 6 june 1902 Coleraine reg office
 annie and Thomas james are my gr grandparents

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 15:46 BST (UK) »
  thank you for the help     my line is their son Thomas james lamont  a twin to may  birth reg 13 October 1879  killyvally townland birth reg garvagh Coleraine
 he married annie mary pedan 6 june 1902 Coleraine reg office
 annie and Thomas james are my gr grandparents

Thomas James & May born Killyvalley just outside Garvagh and births registered with Dr. McNeary in Garvagh (Coleraine is the registration district & Garvagh the sub-dristrict).
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1879/02900/2062371.pdf
The marriage is here- Thomas James Lamont gave his address as Mayoughill (another townland not far from Garvagh)-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1902/10271/5738001.pdf

Offline findme

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 07 June 18 09:36 BST (UK) »
 I have found james lamont and wife jane nee young on the 1911 census house 4 killyvally garvagh Londonderry   james is 79  jane 65 mary 29 daughter (I think this is may twin to Thomas james known as may ) and cecil lamont 5yrs nephew

Thomas james married annie pedan , my great aunt is one of their daughters and is the grand age of 97 at the moment 98 this coming Christmas

thomas james and annie pedan are found 1901 census house 1 mullinabrone brovagh garvagh

is their any way of finding info of the older family members eg the parents of robert young ?  i have found a listing for a robert young killeyvalley presbyteryan Bap  21 dec 1797 on the bann valley church/garvagh sight    do you think this could be my robert young? if so is their any way i could get a copy of this document ?