Author Topic: Bullough's in Hunslet  (Read 1167 times)

Offline cbullo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bullough's in Hunslet
« on: Wednesday 27 October 10 21:18 BST (UK) »
My family history line goes as far back as Lawrence Bullough being born in about 1668 in Holbeck.  However, we hit a wall at that point and can't seem to go back any further.  We have found that Lawrence Bullough married Hannah Smith in Hunslet and had 12 children. 

If anyone has any information about family history related to the Bullough's dating back to the 1600's and as far back as it might go from there, I would like to learn more.  Thanks!

Offline Ebch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Doolough Memorial
    • View Profile
Re: Bullough's in Hunslet
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 October 10 17:42 BST (UK) »
Just a little interesting item from Sept 1775
"A dreadful thunder and lightening storm hit Leeds ........................  One Bullough, a labouring man at Hunslet, was struck down by lightening and now lies dangerously ill"
Mulhearn  Roche Deacey Tracy  Cordingley  Johnson Bullock  Bradley
Mayo  Roscommon  West Yorkshire  Derbyshire  Staffordshire

Offline cbullo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 October 10 18:48 BST (UK) »
Wow! What a terrible to way to go.  I'm not sure who it was that might have been struck by lightning because no one in my direct Bullough family line died in 1775 or any year around that time.  Thanks for sending along some interesting information.

Offline carrie-bob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 August 17 22:40 BST (UK) »
My family history line goes as far back as Lawrence Bullough being born in about 1668 in Holbeck.  However, we hit a wall at that point and can't seem to go back any further.  We have found that Lawrence Bullough married Hannah Smith in Hunslet and had 12 children. 

If anyone has any information about family history related to the Bullough's dating back to the 1600's and as far back as it might go from there, I would like to learn more.  Thanks!

Hello,

I believe I am descended from Lawrence and Hannah's son John Bullough who married an Elizabeth Gelder. My mum has been researching the family tree for years as her mum was a Sarah Ellen Bullough from Hunslet.

My mum thinks that Lawrence was the son of a Nicholas Bullough born circa 1630 and a Katherine Battersbie christened 29th January 1642 in Clapham Yorkshire. They could possibly have had another three children Thomas b circa 1660, John b circa 1665 and William b circa 1667.

Carrie  :D ;D
Marshall, Bullough, Ellis, Armistead, Gilston, Ramsden, Foster, Galtress, Walton, Stainsby
Yorkshire area

Offline Calverley Lad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 17 August 17 05:55 BST (UK) »
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/WRY/Leeds
Half way down the page, births marriages and deaths Hunslet @1630 0nwards.
 Brian 
Yewdall/Yewdell/Youdall -Yorkshire