Author Topic: Can look up MIs for Kirkhill Graveyard and Caputh Graveyard  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Eleesavet

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Can look up MIs for Kirkhill Graveyard and Caputh Graveyard
« on: Saturday 30 October 10 09:43 BST (UK) »
If you want, I can look up MIs for either of these graveyards.
Regards.
Liz
Perthshire: MacArthur, Whittet, Mill (Milne), Alexander, Shaw, Pearson, Henderson, Rennie, Comrie, Braid, Ritchie, Roy, MacKillop, Keill, Cumming, Taylor, Marshall, Young, Miller, MacVicar, Murray, Cameron, Croll, Christie, Gloag, Gorrie, Stobbie, Lunnan, Thomson, Crerar, Hepburn.
Dundee: Mill (Milne).
Aberdeen: Mill (Milne).
Skye: MacIntosh, Stewart, MacQueen, Matheson, Morrison, Nicholson, MacLeod, Finlayson.
Peebles: Dickson, Sandilands, Rule, Johnstone.
Edinburgh: Thomson, Sandilands.

Offline christine_harris78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Can look up MIs for Kirkhill Graveyard and Caputh Graveyard
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 October 11 03:31 BST (UK) »
HI Liz,
               I am hope you can help me i am looking for help in finding any information on the Harris family in Little Dunkeld and Caputh  i know there is a James Harris (1815 to 1899) and his wife buried at Caputh graveyard. i wondered if you have come across his father a Thomas Harris (  Wife name Janet),
Or James Harris Son (1847)(I think died in 1926)it said on the paper BLAIRGOWRIE AND RATTRAY.
Any information on the Harris family of Little Dunkeld. 1700 and 1800 would be helpful.
many thanks Christine. New Zealand.

Offline Eleesavet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 October 11 14:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Christine,

I am away from home until Tuesday but when I return I will look for members of your Harris family in the booklet I have of MIs in Caputh.  Will get back to you towards the end of next week.

Best wishes.

Liz
Perthshire: MacArthur, Whittet, Mill (Milne), Alexander, Shaw, Pearson, Henderson, Rennie, Comrie, Braid, Ritchie, Roy, MacKillop, Keill, Cumming, Taylor, Marshall, Young, Miller, MacVicar, Murray, Cameron, Croll, Christie, Gloag, Gorrie, Stobbie, Lunnan, Thomson, Crerar, Hepburn.
Dundee: Mill (Milne).
Aberdeen: Mill (Milne).
Skye: MacIntosh, Stewart, MacQueen, Matheson, Morrison, Nicholson, MacLeod, Finlayson.
Peebles: Dickson, Sandilands, Rule, Johnstone.
Edinburgh: Thomson, Sandilands.

Offline christine_harris78

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 30 October 11 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz,
            I have found Thomas Harris ( 1847) and a Margaret Campbell.  In lethendy Kirk there was a picture on line of the Gravestone.
                And I have his father and mother in Caputh Kirk. ( James Harris 1815-1899) and his wife (Margaret Scott.) With some of His Kids on the Gravestone.
                                                                                 On James Harris birth papers it said his father was Thomas Harris and his mother name was a Janet Harris but that was all. Also i have found A Margaret Born in 1811 and a William born to the same parents. It said they where born in the parish of little Dunkeld. any help would be good on the Harris Family.

Christine Harris.

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 31 October 11 07:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi

In little dunkeld

Here lies Andw Herries who lived in Pi [11] --d 26.7.177[3] 53 w Janet---- JH IR.

Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline cnickless

• RootsChat Extra
  • Never the task of one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Wondering if there is an Alexander Michie listed in Caputh?  Died sometime after 1789.  His children were born in Caputh, with the last two born in Lethendy but he may be buried in Caputh.

Regretfully no wife is listed on birth entries and marriage hasn't been found, so perhaps the gravestone!

Many thanks,

Cary
Nickless Family of Stourbridge, Wollaston, Elmbridge, Elmley Lovett, Chaddesley Corbett, Upton Warren, and Bromsgrove (nicklessgenealogy.wordpress.com)
Dalloway Family of Stourbridge and Rock
Tomlinson Family of Stoke St. Milborough, Stone, and Sandon
Beazer Family of Edgbaston and Marshfield
Michie of Perthshire

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

In Kinloch, Lethendy

1861  By family imo gfa Alex MICHIE d 1804 81 (w ann McRitchie1824 77), mo Isabella ANDERSON d Cowford 1.8.1840 61, fa John MICHIE d Overbalcairn 26.7.1860 87 , Wm MICHIE 17.4.1870 60, their niece Isabella DUFF 30.7.1865  23, their nephew Jas DUFF 19.2.1878 42.

Taken from the MI book edited by Alison Mitchell

Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline cnickless

• RootsChat Extra
  • Never the task of one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Bruce,

Thanks so much...quite incredible.

A few quick questions...what does the "imo" mean at the beginning.  I think I can make out the rest by the connection of the names...I assume this is the main stone for Wm Michie died 1870...and the rest connect to him, though his wife seems to be missing.

Secondly, which specific book is this from?  Is it the North Perthshire Inscriptions published in 1997?

Kind regards and thanks again.  Aye, Cary
Nickless Family of Stourbridge, Wollaston, Elmbridge, Elmley Lovett, Chaddesley Corbett, Upton Warren, and Bromsgrove (nicklessgenealogy.wordpress.com)
Michie of Perthshire

Offline cnickless

• RootsChat Extra
  • Never the task of one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 15:03 GMT (UK) »
I should also ask does it state which cemetery this is in?

Thks
Michie of Perthshire