Author Topic: Can look up MIs for Kirkhill Graveyard and Caputh Graveyard  (Read 4351 times)

Offline bleckie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can look up MIs for Kirkhill Graveyard and Caputh Graveyard
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 November 11 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi cary

It is in Kinloch cemetery national grid number NO150448

book East perthshire

"imo" = In memory Off

Yours Aye
BruceL

Offline Eleesavet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 November 11 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz,
            I have found Thomas Harris ( 1847) and a Margaret Campbell.  In lethendy Kirk there was a picture on line of the Gravestone.
                And I have his father and mother in Caputh Kirk. ( James Harris 1815-1899) and his wife (Margaret Scott.) With some of His Kids on the Gravestone.
                                                                                 On James Harris birth papers it said his father was Thomas Harris and his mother name was a Janet Harris but that was all. Also i have found A Margaret Born in 1811 and a William born to the same parents. It said they where born in the parish of little Dunkeld. any help would be good on the Harris Family.

Christine Harris.

Hi Christine,

Could only find one entry for Harris in the booklet of MIs for Caputh Graveyard (produced by Dunkeld and Birnam Historical Society).

Caputh Graveyard
National Grid Reference NO 084 399

"1863 - Erected by JAMES SCOTT, Grocer, Dunkeld, in memory of his wife JANE HARRIS who died 14th February 1863 aged 61 years, and their two children who died in infancy JAMES SCOTT died 15th Novr. 1866 aged 70 years."

Best wishes.

Liz

Perthshire: MacArthur, Whittet, Mill (Milne), Alexander, Shaw, Pearson, Henderson, Rennie, Comrie, Braid, Ritchie, Roy, MacKillop, Keill, Cumming, Taylor, Marshall, Young, Miller, MacVicar, Murray, Cameron, Croll, Christie, Gloag, Gorrie, Stobbie, Lunnan, Thomson, Crerar, Hepburn.
Dundee: Mill (Milne).
Aberdeen: Mill (Milne).
Skye: MacIntosh, Stewart, MacQueen, Matheson, Morrison, Nicholson, MacLeod, Finlayson.
Peebles: Dickson, Sandilands, Rule, Johnstone.
Edinburgh: Thomson, Sandilands.

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 July 17 06:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Eleesavet - if your kind offer still stands would you be able to check whether there is a headstone for Jean Dow nee Robertson please.  She died on 27th June 1860 aged 58 years at Cattymill.  Her death certificate says she was buried at Caputh graveyard as certified by John Bisset.

Many thanks.

Offline Eleesavet

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Eleesavet - if your kind offer still stands would you be able to check whether there is a headstone for Jean Dow nee Robertson please.  She died on 27th June 1860 aged 58 years at Cattymill.  Her death certificate says she was buried at Caputh graveyard as certified by John Bisset.

Many thanks.

Hi!  A lovely surprise to find your request when I went onto Roots Chat today as I rarely go onto the site now.  I found the following inscription:

"1855 - Erected by JAMES DOW and JANE ROBERTSON, Cairns, in memory of their children interred here, the above JANE ROBERTSON died 27th June 1860 aged 58 years."

Unfortunately, they do not give any details of the others interred there.  I would assume that these details could not be read.

Glad to be of help.

Perthshire: MacArthur, Whittet, Mill (Milne), Alexander, Shaw, Pearson, Henderson, Rennie, Comrie, Braid, Ritchie, Roy, MacKillop, Keill, Cumming, Taylor, Marshall, Young, Miller, MacVicar, Murray, Cameron, Croll, Christie, Gloag, Gorrie, Stobbie, Lunnan, Thomson, Crerar, Hepburn.
Dundee: Mill (Milne).
Aberdeen: Mill (Milne).
Skye: MacIntosh, Stewart, MacQueen, Matheson, Morrison, Nicholson, MacLeod, Finlayson.
Peebles: Dickson, Sandilands, Rule, Johnstone.
Edinburgh: Thomson, Sandilands.

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 July 17 10:54 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much indeed Eleesavet. 

I think some of their children died as early as the 1830s (they don't appear on the 1841 census).    Perhaps it took a while to get the money together to pay for the cairns.