Author Topic: When requesting Photos - check for a headstone first  (Read 34037 times)

Offline tofgem

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: When requesting Photos - check for a headstone first
« Reply #18 on: Monday 25 January 16 14:21 GMT (UK) »
In reply to Julie. The grave in question was dated 1920 and the graveyard is still in use. In defence of the office I contacted I was offered a personal guide to help me locate the grave (he was even prepared to meet me on a Saturday). As I was travelling a long distance en route to somewhere else I declined the offer as I couldn't guarantee my time of arrival. Being a geographer I sent him an aerial photograph and a map on which the grave could be located so that I could find it easily. Mistake - I ought to have known better! The location marked was way off target. I searched in vain and was just about to give up when my dog (on her extended lead) found the grave for me. She brought tears to my eyes.
Tofgem

Offline burgessderek

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: When requesting Photos - check for a headstone first
« Reply #19 on: Monday 25 July 16 22:26 BST (UK) »
Have put these on findagrave but no plot details and not anywhere near the area. Suffered a stroke so may be missing something obvious as how to find plot details as mind is running at half speed since illness - any ideas or tips welcomed  ... Derek

1.  Florence Hutchinson b. 1934, d. 1993 does have a headstone

Lily Hutchinson   b. 1906, d. 1994 mum of Florence not named on headstone i am told

Thomas Hutchinson b. 1901 dad of Florence not named on headstone i am told

2. Catherine Armstrong b. 1902, d. 1967 and husband John Armstrong  b. 1901, d. 1965

3. Florence Oxley  b. 1895, d. 1974 and husband George Oxley b.?  d. 1968

4. John Nixon b. 1930, d. 2008

5. Wilfred Herdman  b. 1900, d. 1970