Author Topic: Nott/Knott damily from Bucklebury  (Read 5159 times)

Offline lweston191

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nott/Knott damily from Bucklebury
« on: Tuesday 02 November 10 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm trying to find out as much information about the Knott family also known as Nott from Bucklebury! Any information greatly received

L :)

Offline bumbled

• I am sorry but my email is no longer in use.
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nott/Knott damily from Bucklebury
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 November 10 18:28 GMT (UK) »
hi
my husband's family originated from the terrace at knowl hill, not far from bucklebury, all attended st.Peter's school in knowl hill.
i have a copy of the punishment register and have found that a
Sarah Knott
M. Knott appear in the register in 1904 and each had strokes from the birch for carelessness.
hope this gives you a little help in the right direction
sue
blower/ puddifoot/tyrrell/odey/bryant/gibbs/from middx and bucks.

dover/spokes/brant/from berks

Offline lweston191

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 02 November 10 19:48 GMT (UK) »
That is fantastic, thank you, it looks like this would be Sarah Knott from my family tree. The family eventually moved to Stoke on Trent, but came from Bucklebury, it is this time in their history that I'm struggling with, so any information is really good

Offline bumbled

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 November 10 07:51 GMT (UK) »
hi
further to my earlier reply i have found in my paperwork.
Mrs.Nott living in Iver, buckinghamshire in 1801 with 3 sons, i assume she was a widow at that time.

further to Sarah Knott of Knowl Hill i have some photo's of classes of her time there, children not named though.
only problem is my printer is in for repair at the moment so i can not scan anything.
if you are interested in the old photo's i would be glad to email them to you at a later date.
regards. sue

Offline lweston191

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 November 10 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi sue

Thank you, that would be great. I'm in the process of putting an album together of all my family tree findings, so any photos add a bit of a lift! Thank you so much
Lorna

Offline HeatherLynne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 November 10 08:50 GMT (UK) »
I live in Berkshire and am a bit confused - do you mean Knowl Hill that's on the A4 between Maidenhead and Reading?  Is the Bucklebury you're talking about the one south of the M4 to the west of Reading?  If those are the ones you're talking about they're about 20 miles apart, so perhaps too far to be the same people at each place.  There were quite a few Knotts in Berkshire so with a popular name like Sarah it could be dangerous to jump to conclusions.

Sorry if I'm sticking my nose in and it's two different places you're talking about!

Heather (who married a Knott, though I haven't done much research on the name yet).
Rassell - South Hayling/Portsea/Chelsea,  Hellyer - Totnes/Islington,  Roots - Hackney,  Edden - St Pancras

Offline bumbled

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 November 10 08:14 GMT (UK) »
heather
i know i am talking about two different places, only meant to pass info on that i had already researched in great detail, i had covered maidenhead, knowl hill, bucklebury,caversham and wargrave in the last 10years and not left a stone unturned.
i live in durham now but covered my husband's family from knowl hill,they travelled all over the area following work 1800-1950, seems to have been easier then than now to get about.
sue

Offline HeatherLynne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 06 November 10 08:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

Oh OK I see, that's fine  :)   I wasn't sure whether Lorna was familiar with the area and might think Bucklebury and Knowl Hill were neighbouring villages or something.   I know to my cost how easy it can be to jump to conclusions and end up following the wrong family altogether   :-[  ::)

The furthest back on the Knott line I've researched so far is Frederick Knott born Q2 1877 in Reading - no connections to Bucklebury that I know of yet.

Kind regards, Heather

Rassell - South Hayling/Portsea/Chelsea,  Hellyer - Totnes/Islington,  Roots - Hackney,  Edden - St Pancras

Offline matt94

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 16:27 GMT (UK) »
I am descended from the Knott family from Bucklebury!

My g g g g g grandfather, David Knott, married Lucy Kerton at Tilehurst in 1856 and they had one daughter, my g g g g grandmother, Clara Jane, in 1857.

Lucy and David disppear after the 1861 Census but Clara Jane married Robert Little at Lambourn in 1876.

How are you related?

Matt94
Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk