Author Topic: FEWELL Family  (Read 81519 times)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Fewell
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 11 July 04 02:12 BST (UK) »
Hi All, I was checking the Takeley transcripts yesterday to see if there were any additions.  One of the Fuell baptisms caught my eye, Millicent Fuell bap 13 Jan 1754, bearing in mind the 1786 Melly or Milli etc at Gt Waltham, there must be a connection somewhere between the Takeley, Felsted and Gt Waltham Fewells.  It certainly adds weight to MiddleEnglander's comments about an east and south migration from the Takeley Thaxted area.  Perhaps all we have to do is find an earlier Millicent Fewell and work back, simple  ;D
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline essexbird2004

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 11 July 04 23:01 BST (UK) »
Hi All  ;D
Just to let you know that i now have the birth Cert for Charlotte Fewell and she was also James Fewell and Elizabeth Turners child, so 100% positive Jaq had the right family on the 1861 census!
Also i am off to the records office on the 21/7/04 with me mum so will be printing off the emails you have all sent to see what i can find! Please don't expect to much from me as it's my first time there and i have just found out i am having a baby so i am extemely tired especially come midday, so my concentration won't be 100% ( that's why Mum is coming LOL)
Here are Charlotte Fewell's Birth details for you all
 Charlotte Fewell Born 5th May 1853 , chignall St james, father James Fewell , Labourer, Mother Elizabeth Fewell formally Turner. X the mark of Elizabeth Fewell Mother of Chignall st james, registered 15/6/1853  ;D
well TTFN and speak to you all soon

Kath xx
FEWELL - FEWEL - FUELL -  FUEL ALL AREAS
KENNAIRD - KENNARD - BANCE OF KENT & SUSSEX
DOWNES - TWIN - CHILDS OF ESSEX
DANCE - BROWN OF LONDON
PEARCE - FURZELAND - PARSONS OF SOMERSET
CLARKE - GILOOLLY OF PERTHSHIRE
McHUGH-McHUE-McCUE - GILOOLLY OF IRELAND

Offline kevan

• RootsChat Senior
  • My beautiful grandmother - Ethel Litlechild
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 12 July 04 00:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Kath,
           Well, I can guarantee that you will have a fantastic day at the ERO. I have said this before, but worth repeating, the staff at the ERO are very, very friendly and enjoy what they are doing, as can be seen by their enthusiasm for helping people and making sure they are welcome.
          They will make sure you know how to operate the various readers, and I have seen them helping newcomers with their research too, I am very impressed with these guys (and ladies), and I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

It is nice to shower some praise on the people who can be bothered, a bit like this site, of which I place at a very high level of esteem. Me, I'm just the gardener. What??
Enjoy, and well done for the new family on the way.
Best
Kevan
Kevan - Wilding, Littlechild, Beard, Cumbers, Murphy, Wickham, Lagden etc.
Public House info
http://essex1841.com &
http://pubshistory.com
http://historyofstratford.co.uk//

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 17 July 04 08:38 BST (UK) »
Regarding my post of Tues 29 June 04, I mentioned that I thought the place William Fewell had been resettled to (Easton Parva) was Great Easton, it is in fact Little Easton, I've just managed to find my booklet "Simple Latin for Family Historians".  I apologise if I have mislead anyone, I have looked for someone else to blame but no luck  ;D
I had already planned to search Little Easton in the same time frame for my Searles ancestors at the ERO in October, so I can do both at one hit now.   

Offline julied

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 17 July 04 09:09 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, hope all's well with you all.  Kath, congratulations on your great news, I'm really pleased for you.  Apologies to everyone for not joining in the chat recently but my eldest daughter is getting married next Saturday so have been rather preoccupied as you can imagine.  The genealogy has been put aside for the present [very hard to do but I've just had no time], will get back into it again shortly.
Bye for now,
Julie  :)
AGNEW - BENTLEY -  BUCHANAN - CAMERON - CHEATER - CRAIG - DAVIS - GALBRAITH - HOLE - JONES - KENMUIR - KENNEDY-  LEATE - LILLEY - McWILLIAM - MILNE - ROWLANDS - SAUNDERS - SKERRATT - TODD
AUSTEN - BALDRY - BARLOW - BEALE - BRIMLEY - BRUTNALL -  BUTLIN - CHILD - CHILDS - EVERITT - FEWELL -  FITZGERALD - GOOLD - GOSPER -  - HIPWELL - HUBBARD - LEWIS - MARSDEN - PERRIN - RAYNER - REYNOLDS - STERLING - STEVENS - TWIN - TURNER - WANT- WILSON - WORTON

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 18 July 04 01:20 BST (UK) »
Good luck with the wedding plans Julie, hope your daughter has a great day and that the sun shines for her.
Glad you put a post on the board it proved that the problem I had i.e. not receiving notification of posts, has been fixed, Susie1 had the same problem.
To all the Fewell mob!! MiddleEnglander has put me in touch with two people who are researching Searles, I have heard from one, he has the same Searles line as myself and so of course has Sophia Fuel as an ancestor.  I continue to be amazed at how this Fewell connection is snowballing  ::)  ;D

Offline Susie1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 18 July 04 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Findem
Yes, I got notification of that one as well, glad to see the problem is fxed.
Great news about more links to your side of the Fewell's.  I just wish I could find someone doing my line.  I did contact someone from Gencom called Parker, a few weeks ago, because I am sure his wifes line is one of Philomons brothers, but he never replied.
I would of thought the amount of brothers and sisters Philomon had that someone else would be doing it.
Sue
Bell - London, Dorset & Somerset
Bridge, Crow, Fewell, Prior - Essex
Cane - London & Portsmouth
Hunter - London
McLeod - Scotland, Helmsdale & Wick

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 19 July 04 01:31 BST (UK) »
Regarding my last post, the other person has now contacted me and although there is every chance her Searles will eventually link with mine I believe her Searles line will bypass the Fewell connection.

Offline MiddleEnglander

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 19 July 04 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Findem .....

Good to hear that the Searles group has been expanded once more.  Please pass my best regards to the 'essex man' and the 'lady from oz' ... I look forward to hearing how you get along - and seeing them come online at this brilliant resource.

Aye

Middle Englander
Fewell, MacDougall, Stevens, Rainbird