Author Topic: Holy Trinity Grave Yard  (Read 7006 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Trinity Grave Yard
« Reply #9 on: Monday 19 January 15 17:44 GMT (UK) »
You don't have apologise on here, to anyone ! we all just muck in, sometimes we get stuff wrong or right - ? its up to the member asking for help to check info, advice, theories and ideas out to confirm.

There is a Quaker friends meeting building off George St, that may have had a small burial ground or maybe possible Trinity Church had a very small special burial area for deceased vicars or ministers, churchwardens or some  bigwigs of the church, as I have known that to happen before at other church's without official graveyards.

:)
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline photoman81

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 September 17 09:00 BST (UK) »
Holy Trinity Church in Wakefield did not have a graveyard - the burial ground located to the left of the church was the responsibility of the Quaker Meeting House. When Ancestry transcribed the burial registers for All Saints Church, (Wakefield Cathedral) they wrongly attributed the burials to Holy Trinity instead of the Cathedral - I informed Ancestry of their error which, should, by now, have been corrected.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 September 17 11:18 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat,

According ancestry trees , :o ~  I died 2005 in a family tree, on contacting Ancestry by phone, I was told it was the responsibility of the tree owner, not theirs, and  I should contact the tree owner, I said its was stated on their website  >:(,  so ! I went on to ask if they supplied Ouija (wee-jee) boards for the member tree owner to contact a spirit to see if I was deceased or not and the lady put the phone down.  ??? ~~~~ ;D ;D ;D

Moral is check independent resources not just Ancestry.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Gillsalt

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 December 21 11:58 GMT (UK) »
My husband, now in his 90s attended Holy Trinity School for boys which was adjoining the church on George St. Neither the school nor the church is still there but I have found a photo: http://www.twixtaireandcalder.org.uk/site/image-detail?imageid=5888#.Yai0qSenwwA

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 December 21 04:51 GMT (UK) »
For observation to where the Holly Trinity church was between George street and Trinity Church gate behind Kirkgate. The -then and now -side by side maps. Look to the left of 'Kirk' letters in Kirkgate on the old map

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=17&lat=53.68170&lon=-1.49251&layers=6&right=ESRIWorld