Author Topic: Stewarts of Yarrow  (Read 10147 times)

Offline kiwiozbrit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Stewarts of Yarrow
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 16 November 17 07:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Monica, whoops, I had the wrong bit of the tree there, sorry! Thanks for the info, such a pain not being able to find them, have found so many others through Scotland's People, even one ancestor "born in fornication"  :o made it in to the register!
Definitely not RC, so guess they just never got around to it, or, as you say, the records were lost.
I hope to go back to the UK to live at some point, and I'll definitely be going to Selkirkshire.
Already discovered I have lots of ancestors from Dumfries and Galloway, which is one of my favourite corners of the UK, so good excuse to revisit there  :)
Campbell, Ireland
Christie St Vigeans, Inverkeilor, Brechin, Fettercairn
Frater Selkirkshire
Hunter, Antrim, Ireland
Kydd, St Vigeans, Panbride, Inverkeilor etc, Angus,
McMeekin, Antrim, Ireland
Rankine, Tulliallan etc, Fife
Turcan, Tulliallan etc, Fife
Woodworth, Cornwall

Offline alan14578

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stewarts of Yarrow
« Reply #19 on: Friday 24 November 17 13:51 GMT (UK) »
Aussie Boy,I didnt see this entry until today. Its always best to check local cemeteries and in Yarrow is the following
215 In loving memory of JAMES STEWART who passed away at Old Lewinshope April 13th 1885 aged 83yrs at passing, also his wife ISABELLA FLETCHER passed June 11th 1898 aged 83yrs also their son ANDREW STEWART passed October 8th 1912 aged 58yrs also their daughter MARGARET STEWART passed March 25th 1916 aged 68yrs also WILLIAM STEWART passed 13th January 1916 aged 60yrs also ROBERT STEWART passed 4th December 1940 aged 83yrs.
Hope this helps
alan
turnbull- Scottish Borders ,Caithness and East Lothian
waddell-roxburghshire
foord/ford -perthshire and borders
crosbie-scot borders
galloway-scot borders