Author Topic: Section 13 Dalbeth  (Read 20904 times)

Offline gerryfarrell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Section 13 Dalbeth
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 20 July 13 09:09 BST (UK) »
Regards to the West side there doesn't appear to be any difference in the cost of burials going by the many burial registers I've seen. I think like most cemeteries they have just filled it section by section. Other reasons could be that families where or if they could afford to bought several plots together for the purpose of being together once they had passed. There is a common burial area which is the land at the main road area of the cemetery, burials in this area are just listed as CG. Also the registers for the very early burials 1860's don't all show lair no's.
I'll send you a pm regards visiting Dalbeth.
Gerry
Farrell / Mcpolan / Devlin / Flood / Kelly/ McGovern/ McCormick
Letham / Leatham / Cattanach/ ODonnell/ BoyleRoss/ McLeod
McAnaw/McInaw/McNay/ Finn/ Eliott
Pollock / Hyslop/ Elder/ Renfrew/ Hart/ Brydon

Motherwell / Anderson / Tradeston / Govan/ Bridgegate/ Aberdeen / Old Machar/ Lanarkshire/ Leadhills/ Penpont/ Muirkirk

1st Royals

Offline andarah

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Grandfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 20 July 13 16:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you!

I have people in sections 13W, 15W, 16W and 18W and some of them are in the same immediate family. I think it's probably because of the time period and not because of shared lairs since they're spread across different sections. Everyone on the page with each of the records was also west.

Newfoundland:  George
Somerset, England: Slade, Thorne
Lancashire, England:  Reay, Hargrove,
Bute, Scotland:  McBride
Perth:  McCash
Lanarkshire: Love, King, Lyle
Aberdeen/Fossaway:  Duncan, Shepherd, Burns, Johnston
Co Antrim: Warwick
Coleraine, Co Derry:  Kane, McDade
Tyrella, Co Down:  Denvir, McKay, Murray
Fermanagh:  Quinn
Ireland:  McKenna, McGuire, Burns, Hogg, Bradley
Ann Tweedley/Quigley: ?

Offline sacredspirit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 January 14 22:37 GMT (UK) »
hi

my Nan's dads grave is here ( i think) i know he died 16-04-1957 aged 55 at 47 Delburn Street Parkhead and was buried in dalbeth cemetery lair 844 section 17 Daniel Mcilwham
along with
Annie Crossan (sister in law) date of internment 11-10-32 age 25
Elizabeth Crossan Mcilwham (wife) date of internment 13-07-40 age 38
Edward Mcilwham (son) date of internment 01-09-47 age 18
Elizabeth Mcilwham (daughter) date of internment 01-07-52 age 3 months

Has anyone any information or photos please many thanks
Joanne

Offline ayrgenes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 12 January 14 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Joanne

see your other entry for this grave, I have some info and pics.

Davie
Dempster - Glasgow, Muirkirk, Sorn, Ayrshire
McIntyre - Glasgow, Campsie
Hinde - Glasgow, Wolverhampton
McLintock - Glasgow, Kilmarnock,
McGlade - Rutherglen, Ireland
Kettlewell - Yorkshire

Offline retire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 06 February 15 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Are Old Dalbeth and St. Peters Dalbeth  the same cemetery? I have 2 burials in section 12 -division 6C and it says St. Peters Dalbeth. Can you give me a rough idea where this section is- I see one picture with section 12 shown but was not sure if it is correct cemetery, Thanks
emes Bennett wiley bowles foster devitt luetchford mccurdy

Offline ayrgenes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 06 February 15 23:10 GMT (UK) »
They are seperate cemeteries, about a couple of hundred yards apart. Old Dalbeth is not in use now, and quite rundown, although work has been done to keep it clear. St Peter's, Dalbeth is still in use and most people refer to that simply as Dalbeth. Enter by main gates on London Rd. If you can't locate the lair the groundsmen are quite helpful if around at the time. If you're not local I can nip down and have a look for you. PM me.
Kettlewell - Yorkshire

Offline FiMcD

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 00:57 BST (UK) »
Hi
I would like to locate my grandmother's grave in St Peter's Dalbeth from 1947. I think it is Section 13 Division W. and have a four digit lair number, but the age on this burial record isn't right (it's noted her age as that when she was married on the burial record- not the age I know she was when she died eight years later, which I assume is an error by someone looking at the marriage cert whilst registering) so I can't be 100% sure it's her burial record. There doesn't seem to be a connection between the burial record and the death cert number, or is there a way of searching using this?

I'm sure this record is her as the burial record is recorded as 17 days after her death and she is the only person of that name (incl. variants) to die and be buried in Glasgow within the six months following her known date of death. That is according to the records I have searched on ScotlandsPeople and using info on my family copies of her birth, marriage & death certificate.

I don't think there is a headstone there and would like to place one or replace the remains of the one there. Is this possible? Will it be easy to locate on site?

I live within 20miles of the cemetery so I plan to visit the cemetery to arrange this myself in the coming weeks. Any advice you can give would be gratefully received, especially in dealing with the cemetery.

Offline ayrgenes

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 27 July 16 04:32 BST (UK) »
Hi

If you have a Sec/Lair No then it should be quite easy to find the grave. The staff on site are very helpful so just pop into the office and I'm sure they will take you to the correct lair. As for placing/replacing a headstone, this again should be fairly simple, staff will advise you and there is a facility near the main gate for you to order a headstone.

Concerning the 'wrong' dates/age on the SP records, I have several burials at Dalbeth that have incorrect details. As you mention quite possibly someone reading or giving wrong info at the time.

It is possible to contact the Diocese office and speak to Sharon, she should be able to give you info on who else is buried in the lair, which would help confirm you have the right person. Again staff on site can help there too.

Good luck
Davie
Kettlewell - Yorkshire

Offline johncurrie1949

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 09 May 17 13:37 BST (UK) »
Hi to all

Would anyone know how the Lairs are numbered?
I'm looking for Lair 266 in Section 18.

Thanks
Originally from Ireland then Dundee and Glasgow to worldwide esp.:
Scotland, England,UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand and back to Ireland esp. Donegal, Sligo, Down, Armagh.

Names in no particular order:

Currie, McKay, Gallacher, Gilroy, O'Neill, Kelly, McGuire, McGee, O'Brien, Jenkins, Dougan, O'Donnell, McKeown, McClure, Clarke, Toland, Conaghan, McLaughlin, Nevin, McCahill and many others too numerous to include, sorry.