Author Topic: trying again THOMAS & (WILLIAM?) CRUMLISH  (Read 17067 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of Thomas CRUMLISH - c1845
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 July 05 20:12 BST (UK) »
Ann
I undsterstand all you say I have a similar situation in my own family .I went  to Ireland with an open mind and came home with truly wonderfull memories of Ireland and the people I met .I went to Ireland knowing no one at all and came back with memories  I will keep for ever in fact I am thinking of another visit very soon my McKnight family also originated in Ireland and some of them in fact may have returned there .I also have Irish on my mothers side but they were R C  and have done very little with that side of the family

audrey

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 09 July 05 20:23 BST (UK) »
I think its nice to have those memories and the Irish i think are one of the friendliest countrys you could have,i was in Londonderry for 2 years with my husband when he was in the army and i had an Irish friend there who married a soldier,sadly i have tried in vain to find her but like you say they are lovely people.Thanks again Audrey.Anne.
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 09 July 05 20:28 BST (UK) »
I think its nice to have those memories and the Irish i think are one of the friendliest countrys you could have,i was in Londonderry for 2 years with my husband when he was in the army and i had an Irish friend there who married a soldier,sadly i have tried in vain to find her but like you say they are lovely people.Thanks again Audrey.Anne.
Ann
my son in law is in the army he is a Staff seargent I could ask him to find her for you I see you are from my part of the world
audrey

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 10 July 05 19:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey,its very kind of you but they are not in the Army any more,but i will give you the details anyway.I met her when my husband was stationed at Kirton Linsey Lincolnshire in 1970--71 she came from the Falls Road Belfast and her name was Aleish,i think i have spelt that right,her husband was a cook in the Army and the battalion was 1st Regiment of Fusiliers his name was Paul,they had a son named Paul and i cant for the life of me remember her married name,i have no idea what her maiden name was either.
When we left Lincoln we went to Ireland we ended up at Londonderry and she and Paul went to Ballymena it was then i lost touch with her,i have tried Friends reunited but got nothing there either it was such a long time ago she could be anywhere now.
Its very kind of you to offer but like i say its 30 odd years ago but its worth a go anyway.Thankyou Audrey.Anne.

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 July 05 19:39 BST (UK) »
Ann
your best bet is Anthony he lives Belfast and he is great  I will direct him to your message
audrey

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: trying again THOMAS & (WILLIAM?) CRUMLISH
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 30 May 06 10:36 BST (UK) »
Hiya Anne,

I looked at this site www.failteromhat.com and have the following..
I wonder if the William here is the guy you are seeking?

Griffiths Valuation of Ireland, Co. Donegal. 1857

William Crumlish, Monclink, Raymoghy, Donegal
Daniel Crumlish, Gortnaskea, Fahan Upper, Donegal
John Crumlish, Drummay, All Saints, Donegal

All the Best, Chris

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: trying again THOMAS & (WILLIAM?) CRUMLISH
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 31 May 06 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,thankyou so much for your reply.He could be my William,i know his wifes name was Mary,maiden name unknown,i also know that his son Thomas had one brother unknown but a sister named Mary.I have the 1891 census for Hutchinstontown in Glasgow for a John Crumlish born Ireland with his wife Mary also born Ireland he was 36,all the children were born Glasgow.In the 1881 census for Berwick i have Thomas age 36 wife Mary born Alnwick Northumberland and their children all born Berwick.1851 census for Berwick there is a Cathrine Crumlish no age but head of the family with 2 others possibly sons,John and Thomas.Then this one who i think is my William for 153 Chapel Street Berwick
William Crumlish age 53 born Ireland,Wife Mary age 39 born Ireland,no family with them and thats 18711881 census for Lanarkshire there is an Ellen Crumlish age 58 born Ireland,Mary Crumlish age 59 born Ireland James Crumlish 24 born Dunbartonshire Joseph Crumlish age 17 born Dunbartonshire,that one is 1881,it doesnt say what relation they are to each other but i would say the 2 women are sisters and the 2 men are sons to one of the women.Its very hard doing research in Ireland.I have tried Scotlands people for Death Certificates but cant seem to find anything.Anyway Christopher thankyou again for your help.Anne.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 July 07 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hiya Anne,

These are links to a few of your threads ...

CRUMLISH, All
my elusive ancestors HELP
My Irish Ancestors,help needed.
trying again THOMAS & (WILLIAM?) CRUMLISH

You may be glad to hear no one of this name appears on the Ireland-Australia transportation database :D

No one named Crumlish signed the Ulster Covenant in 1912.

Christopher

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 July 07 20:36 BST (UK) »
Hi Christopher,thankyou fro replying.I know thomas died in Berwick on Tweed in 1913 he left Ireland when he was about 10 years old,thats all i have for him at the moment.I am going to get his death certificate that way i will find his parents and where in Ireland he came from.I think his father was William Crumlish he also died in Berwick.Thankyou for the reply.Anne.