Author Topic: 1861 Census Lookup in Upwell/Outwell  (Read 1309 times)

Offline greg_ball

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1861 Census Lookup in Upwell/Outwell
« on: Monday 11 April 05 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Could someone with access to the 1861 Census for Upwell and/or Outwell please do a lookup for any WENN families living in the parish.  I am trying to link all the families together as they are all related.  I think there should be the following families in 1861:

James WENN b 1818, wife Sarah b 1814 and possibly children

William WENN b 1833, wife Alice, and at least 1 son, Frederick b 1860

George WENN b 1829, wife Sally b 1826 and children, Elizabeth (1852), Ann Maria (1855), Sarah Jane (1857) and Emily Flower (1859)

James WENN b 1825, wife Mary Ann and lots of children

Charles WENN b 1823, wife Rebecca and children: John Charles (1850), Harriet Jane (1858)

Thanks very much.  In return I can offer lookups on 1871-1901 Census for the whole country.

Greg Ball

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census Lookup in Upwell/Outwell
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 April 05 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Greg,

these two WENNs are probably too soon for you:

1786  Charles WENN Marriage Outwell 
1794  William WENN Marriage Denver

Found them on: http://contueor.com/wisbech/
Wisbech and the Fenlands, which you might also find interesting.

You may want to repeat your request in Norfolk, as Upwell/Outwell was one of these parishes that were sometimes in CAM and sometimes Norfolk !

Good luck
Bob

ps added:  Ooops, just noticed, you already have !  :-[
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Alacrity Rose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Census Lookup in Upwell/Outwell
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 April 05 03:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Greg,

I have WENN ancestors from Downham Market, Denver, and Wimbotsham, Norfolk. I would love to compare my information with yours.  I have William born unknown parish about 1774, married Anne RUST in Denver, their son William born 1803 in Denver, married Elizabeth ? in Denver; their son William born 1832 in Wimbotsham, married Eliza ATKINS in Downham Market; their son John born 1852 in Downham Market. Shortly thereafter they sailed to the U.S., where they settled and farmed in Saginaw Co., MI.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Claire
Wenn, Rust, Atkins in Norfolk; Hands in Surrey, Sussex, and Kent; Howarth in County Wexford, Ireland; Falkiner in County Tipperary, Ireland