Author Topic: Arnside Convalescent Home - Mary Ann Stanton 1911  (Read 3748 times)

Offline ianandshelley

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Arnside Convalescent Home - Mary Ann Stanton 1911
« on: Wednesday 17 November 10 09:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I've been researching a Mary Ann Stanton (b. Manchester 1894) and on the 1911 Census she appears to be residing at the above convalescent home.

The details shown for the Matron indicate that the home is sponsored by the Manchester and Salford Hospital.  Can anyone provide more information concerning the home, and is there any way of finding out the nature of Mary Ann's illness.

Thanking you in anticipation - Ian

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Arnside Convalescent Home - Mary Ann Stanton 1911
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 November 10 09:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello ,
I would contact Preston record office and archive ,they will be able to tell you if they hold any records for the Arnside convalescent home,if its the one I think it was ,it was over looking the beach and sea,there were a lot of different types of homes for people from the cities ,in this area ,
if they don't have them they may be able to point you in the right direction.
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,