Author Topic: baptisms and marriage of David Macfarlane and Katharine/Catherine Peddie  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Tigsy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
baptisms and marriage of David Macfarlane and Katharine/Catherine Peddie
« on: Thursday 18 November 10 19:15 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the baptisms and marriage of David Macfarlane and Katharine/Catherine Peddie.

All i know is they had the undernoted children who were all baptised in Perth.  Their son David Macfarlane is my direct ancestor,

Any information on the rest of the family would be very much appreciated

John Macfarlane, Mother: Catherine Peddie
PETER MCFARLANE Birth: 25 SEP 1773 Male Christening: 26 SEP 1773 Perth
WILLIAM MCFARLANE - Birth: 06 MAR 1778 Christening: 08 MAR 1778 Perth
DAVID MACFARLANE Birth: 30 MAR 1780 Christening: 02 APR 1780 Perth, Perth
CATHERINE MACFARLANE - Birth: 30 MAR 1782 Christening: 31 MAR 1782 Perth
JAMES MACFARLANE Birth: 13 JAN 1785 Christening: 16 JAN 1785 Perth, Perth
HELEN MACFARLANE - Birth: 18 JUN 1788 Christening: 22 JUN 1788 Perth, Perth
-   there is a Helen Macfarlane that married a Matthew Lesslie in Perth on 2 Dec 1814
COLLINS - St Pancras, Kentish Town
LANGLEY - Kentish Town, Camden, Islington, Barnet
MCDONALD - St Pancras, London
CARTER - Kentish Town
HOWARD - Pimlico, Kentish Town, Surrey, Sussex
PROUDLEY - Kent, Sussex
TAYLOR - Devon
GREEN - Somerset
BARRELL - St Pancras, London
ANDERSON - Pimlico, Kentish Town
BROWN - Fenton, Staffs
BRUNT - Fenton/Longton Staffs

Offline AnnieJP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: baptisms and marriage of David Macfarlane and Katharine/Catherine Peddie
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 25 March 18 20:34 BST (UK) »
I know your message is old, but I'm a descendant of a David MacFarlane from the Edinburgh/Perth area. I have a DNA test on Ancestry to confirm it. Mine is David (maybe David P) MacFarlane. Unable to find out what the P is for. He married Jane Hunter Miller between 1892 and 1901. I found their grave on Find A Grave and the information on there was helpful in figuring out other relationships on my tree on Ancestry.co.uk. I realise the date for my David MacFarlane is not the same as your David MacFarlane, but I've learned that names were passed down the family frequently in Scotland. There are 3 David MacFarlane's that I've found on Ancestry search that would possibly fit mine. It would be nice if we're looking for the same people. Might be able to help each other out. Regards, Annie https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/124388568/david-p-macfarlane

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 25 March 18 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Annie , welcome to RC  :)

Have you tried Scotlandspeople ?
There is a marriage for a David McFarlane / Jane Miller , 1900 Perth Perth(shire).

ev

Thank you. I'd tried fuzzy logic on there but it didn't pick it up. Got it now. :)
See reply #4
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 March 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
Also a death for a Jane Hunter McFarlane(other surname Miller) , age 57 , 1930 Leslie Fife.

Not sure about David's death , it could be David Pirnie McFarlane , age 71 , 1941 George Square(Edinburgh) Midlothian.

ev

Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 25 March 18 23:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ev. It was Edin. Royal Inf according to their joint gravestone, so still no wiser on the P. Will keep digging. Thanks for all your help.

Annie , think you have pressed the report to Moderator button instead of the blue reply button.

ev

Offline AnnieJP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 March 18 23:14 BST (UK) »
Like I said, I thought I'd try a little family tree with your MacFarlane Peddies to see if it sent me any links to my David MacFarlane. I found your baptisms in Scotland's People. Took a lot of doing as there are so many variants and the fuzzy logic doesn't work very well. You can get to see certificates from that if you want to buy them.

I did this: Type MacFarlane in the surname box with name variants ticked. Leave Forename field blank. Set the year to 1760 to 1790. Write Peddie in the second parent box. They all come up. There are several variant spellings of Catherine for the two Catherines, so bear that in mind when looking further. I looked in Church Registers - Old Parish Registers. Hope the info is helpful. If you come across any Frasers decended from your David MacFarlane I'd be really interested. Regards, Annie