Author Topic: Comben history in Portland, Dorset  (Read 9458 times)

Offline CarolynR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Comben history in Portland, Dorset
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 August 17 03:54 BST (UK) »
My lines are also Comben and White. Bartholomew White (1728-1809) is my first White ancestor in the US from Portland, Dorset. His mother was Barbara Comben. Her dad was Bartholomew Comben; his dad was Thomas White. Who are your White ancestors?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Diana James

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Comben history in Portland, Dorset
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 May 18 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi -This is so interesting -I'm related to the Combens through my grandmother's grandmother I think - although my grandmother came from Lincolnshire. My grandmother's family name was Healey though. Both my mum - who comes from Weymouth - I do too although I live in London - and my grandmother talked about 4 Comben sisters and them being very tall and at least one of them living near to Victoria Square.  I remember looking up records over 10 years ago and found one of them had moved to Deptford in London (near where I live) to teach.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.