Author Topic: Parish Records - St. Margaret's, Leicester  (Read 38860 times)

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Records - St. Margaret's, Leicester
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Louise

There are some confusing records of Glover baptisms in 1874 in St. Mary de Castro parish. Do you have parents' names so that I can pass on what may be relevant?

Tony

Offline louisefi

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tony,

Thank you so much for trying to help me.  Very much appreciated!! I am trying to trace  a George Henry Glover, born Jan 1875 Leicester.  Parents I think to believe are Henry Glover (born 1853 in Great Glen, Leicester) and Maria Hill (born 1854, Gill Morten, Leicester).  I think George Henry Glover married a Emma Florence David (born 1874).  Although without the parish records these are just a good guess!

I have who I believe to be George Henry Glover on the 1881  census (aged 6) living with his parents.  Address is 30 Alfred Terrace, St Margaret, Leciester.  Cant seem to find much about this family though.

Any help so much appreciated.

Best Wishes

Louise

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Louise

Just working from your dates I found 2 entries of interest. The first was a baptism of George Harry Glover on 6 Sept. 1874 in the parish of St. Mary de Castro Leicester. The parents are said to be Harry and Millicent of 20 West Bridge St. Leicester and the father was an innkeeper. The parents' surname is Glover

The second record (and next to the first) is the baptism on the same date (and obviously the same church) of Emily Glover Philipps. In this case the parents are given as Edwin Samuel Lee and Maria. The parents' surname is again given as Glover which I imagine is either both parents or if the name Lee is a surname it applies just to Maria. The father is a hosier and they lived at the same address as above.

The record for the second is pretty clear and I think that the name is Philipps and not Philippa which might suggest something about the mother's maiden name.

Harry Glover married Millicent Moore on 4 June 1870 in the same parish. Their parents were Samuel Glover a publican and Francis Moore a butcher.

Hope that helps

cheers
Tony   

Offline trish627

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi All, I need Help!
My 3x great grandmother Sarah Price and 3x great grandfather Thomas Allen were married at St. Margaret's, Leicester on 12 April, 1819.  I have no information on Sarah's family.  I'm stuck!  Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Trish in America!