Author Topic: Robert Pyrah  (Read 6794 times)

Offline RIPPON

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Pyrah
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 May 05 14:30 BST (UK) »
I have followed with interest Norcam's search for Robert Pyrah.   I think you might find he is Robert, the son of Festus & Emma Pyrah,  born in Stockport  1891.  
Ticker spotted  him in 1901 census -

Robert Pyrah 10  born Stockport, Lancashire  Son living in Stockport  Cheshire -

Festus & family moved from Bradford to Heaton Norris, Lancashire shortly before 1881.
From the information posted, Robert Pyrah would have been about 23 when Norman Pyrah was born in 1914.
I have no record of Robert Pyrah's marriage but I would like to bet that he married Rose in Stockport about 1912-13 and their first son is Norman Pyrah.
ALL PYRAHS (1700 to present day) &  PYE  (pre 1700)

Offline Noreen Rose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 27 July 05 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Norcan

I was browsing the North Riding website and discovered your enquiry re Robert Pyrah.  There is a famous show jumper called Malcolm Pyrah whose mother Joyce lived in Hull.  Joyce married my husband's Uncle, Harold ASHCROFT and was a widow, Joyce PYRAH before that.  I think there might be another son as well.

You can Google for Malcolm Pyrah and find out all sorts of things about him.  I found a site for the Countryside Alliance giving a name and address and Malcolm's name. I know he won championships in 1985 and 1987.

Unfortunately, I am unable to find out anything further as Harold ASHCROFT died first and Joyce died aged about 86 about 9/10 years ago.

I know one important item about her first husband he was an Officer in the RAF and he died in action, during WW11. 

I'll try to find the birth of Harold ASHCROFT as he was a younger brother of my mother-in-law, she was born in 1907, the time frame of the ages of the people involved are similar to your enquiry.

NOreen Rose
York uk
Noreen
York uk

Offline Noreen Rose

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 July 05 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Norcam

I know that this might not be your Norman Pyrah as he died in Canada.  I was involved in the Commemoration in York Minster of the 50th Anniversary of the end of WW11, and had to find as many members of relatives of the RAF who died as I could.   Joyce my aunt by marriage rang the Charity I worked for - had no idea I was arranging the tickets. 

I contacted you because I believe if my memory is right her husband was Norman PYRAH.  There is a book of Remembrance of all the names in York Minster of the RAF who were killed.  There is also a Clock in remembrance of the RAF.

Noreen
York

Noreen
York uk

Offline VeraHan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 September 15 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Norma

Please email me for more information directly on verahancock@hotmail.co.uk