Author Topic: William Fletcher Tithe Applotment  (Read 5901 times)

Offline DWBridson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Fletcher Tithe Applotment
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 April 15 16:51 BST (UK) »
Hello. I just came across this thread. I am descended from William Fletcher (1805-1893) and Margaret Downs (1810-1887) through their son Thomas (1834-1920).

Are there any records to determine William and Margaret parents?

Thank you

Offline KiwiHugh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Fletcher Tithe Applotment
« Reply #10 on: Friday 24 April 15 23:22 BST (UK) »
DWBridson. The Quakers sent me records for Fletchers back then. I was unable to connect thru to my William Fletcher so it appeared we had split off from the Quakers well before the Lurgan Presbyterian records begin.(Not that mine even show up in them) I did not print off the info and it died with a computer several years ago, but if you contact the Quakers in that area they should be able to help assuming your William and Margaret were  Quakers. I have found burial records for at least 2 other William Fletchers in the right time frame (other than yours) at Lurgan. You could try doing a post and someone else may may have them (Quaker records) and be better at keeping info that does not join the dots to their line. NZ death certificate have parents (including maiden) names and that is far back as I have been able to go. Have been waiting for some good Lurgan folk to put up comprehensive tombstone info in the hope of linking  Mary Anne Fletchers grave to one of the William Fletchers. The local govt records of burials in that area started  well after all the potential players were in the ground. My Armagh Fletchers are another of my Irish brick walls but hope never dies and I did recently move back a generation on the wife of my first NZ William Fletcher. One of my nephews is the 5th William Fletcher in a line. Alas he has broken the chain in naming his children so far.