Author Topic: JustKia's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In  (Read 9699 times)

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: JustKia's Scavenger Hunt...Everyone Welcome To Join In
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Artist John L WINBUSH died 15 Mar 1914, not 1904 (maybe that's their typo?)
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Stanley Charles SCALES b.1899 - Where are you?    ***   

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I will find them wherever they are hiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 12:04 GMT (UK) »
John, son of William WINBUSH and Emma MALINS (m 15 Sep 1852 Warwick).
I do not have him on any census.

He would be 2nd cousin of John (son of Edward)
John WINBUSH = Elizabeth BROWN
Two of their sons were John and William.
John had a son, Edward, father of John 1854 (London).
William had a son, also William, father of John 1855 (Warwick).

Hope I haven't confused you and that that makes sense.

That's what I was trying to work out, but the snow must have got into my brain ;D ;D

So what we need to do is to try and follow John son of William bapt.1855 to see what happened to him.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 12:11 GMT (UK) »
LOL - I even had the whole thing right in front of me and still had to flip back and forth a dozen times and re type it more than I care to think.
WIMBUSH - Everywhere :: MARLOW/JECOCK/JUSTICE - Northamptonshire/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire :: SCALES/BRIDGES/ENGLISH/SPINK/PETCH/GOOCH/COCKSEDGE - Suffolk :: GARRETT/GIBBS/FEARN - Warwickshire :: DEVOS - Scotland (Aberdeen)/France(Dunkerque) :: MURRAY - Ireland(Down)/Scotland(Lochs) :: TIGHE/TREACY - Cork

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 12:16 GMT (UK) »
There is a chap who has a Wimbush/Winbush tree on Anc but I know of several definite errors so I don't really trust what's on there but he claims John 1855 (Warwick) died Q2 1856 - there is a FreeBMD entry...

I'm scrabbling through notes because I'm sure I discovered that entry belonging to yet another John...

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 12:17 GMT (UK) »
John baptised Rugby I can follow though to his death in 1881 so we can discount him.

John baptised St Marys, there are a couple of possible deaths 1856 and 1857 but without either death certs. or burial records we can't say as no age on death registration.
Cross Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Jennings Steeple Claydon Bucks,  Steel Byfield Northants,  Rogers Northants,  Wheeler Oxon,  Roberts Oxon,  Bonham Oxon/ Middleton Cheney Northants,  Maycock Northants,  Abbott Northants , Newman Northants, Buckingham Bucks, Hart Warks, Newth Gloucs.

Offline Just Kia

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 12:21 GMT (UK) »
Here we go.
I think it might be the death of John, father of Edward, as Sarah (HORTON) is a widow in 1861.
But FreeBMD has another John WINBUSH death Q4 1857 also Warwick.

If anyone believes the parish registers will give more detail I can go to the RO after lunch.

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 12:27 GMT (UK) »
If you can find the burials they should give ages and with a child it might say son of.....

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 13:05 GMT (UK) »
This is what I have found for John Winbush (EXACT matches only)

The National Archives has a Will of John Freckleton  CR0457/8/21  27 April 1764 (Warwickshire R.O.)
31pp
Previously Box 8, Section i, Bundle 13, Document 1
Contents:
Copy probate with will annexed of John Freckleton, leaving to his nephew Phillip Perkins and Isaac Iwyeross a messuage with the Homestall Closes in Avon Dassett and 4 yardlands in the possession of James Hickson and John Haines and related property purchased from Edmund Dodd, also in Avon Dassett, to be held in trust and the resulting monies to be divided between the children and grandchildren of his late sister Anne, being John Hawtin, Henry Hawtin, Elizabeth Perkins, John Winbush, Samuel Winbush and Elizabeth Winbush and to the children of his sister Mary, being John Burrows and Keziah Iwyeross, Richard Griffin,William Griffin, James Griffin, Francis Griffin, Mary Griffin, and fifty pounds to his great nephews John Hawtin and Henry Hawtin and to the child and two grandchildren of his late sister Elizabeth. With envelope. Includes additional copy
TNA also shows
Agreement for letting for £12 a year, from Crompton and Parkes to John Winbush of Warwick, publican, of lots 2, 3, and 4, and 697 yds.² of land fronting west to Queen's Sq., 1840; Notice of intention to quit, 1841  CR 237/105/1-2  1840-1841
(again held at Warwickshire R.O.)

1841 shows 2 John Winbush b. 1791 & 1826 Warwickshire

Nothing for 1851

TNA a@ Warwicks RO Miscellaneous draft deeds, sale catalogues and correspondence, mostly of Charles Handley, including plans by W. Trepass of Warwick for a shop "at the back of Mr. Winbush's"  CR 556/963  c1850 – 1880 Some badly damaged (note does not actually say John Winbush)

1861 your John s/o Edward & Sarah only

1871 your John and EDWARD John b. 1823 Warwickshire (husband of Sarah)

Nothing for 1881

1900 US census shows John b. Dec 1872 England in Illinois

1901 John Thomas b. 1866 Long Eaton Derbyshire & John B b. 1868 Terrington (yorks)

1920 US John b. 1877 Connecticut and John b. 1866 England in LA

17 events in London Bapt. Mar & Burials (1538-1812) where John Winbush is mentioned
12 events 1813-1906 10 of which are children to your Edward John

7 deaths including your Edward John and the John in Totnes
John 1842 Rotherham 
John 1849 Warwick
Two in Warwick  in  1856 & 1857
And a youngster in 1906 he was 3 years old
Only 4 births in the same period though
 1854, 1855, 1896 & 1903

2 GIRL christenings in Watford (guessing father is John)

2 deaths 1933 Warwick & 1999
1 birth 1931 Warwick

1 mention of John for father of Edward Thomas Winbush when he marries Julia Brightwell

1 mention in 1632 in Licolnshire !

& Edward Johns burial

2 sailings into England one from Australia and one from Japan
2 sailings to New York from Liverpool and from Quebec

Mention in the 1835 Pigots directory of Warwickshire

Probate in 1628 in Moreton Pinkney

Edward John left a will 7 March 1874 of 58 Bishopgate Street within the city of London wine & spirit merchant who died 23 Feb 1874  at same address proved by Joseph Stephens on 103 Union Street Southwark Victualler surviving executor effects under £8,000 resworn June 1874 effects under £12,000
(did you note the John from Warwickshire was a publican or brewer!) 

John died 1914 Totnes also left a will
John or Dartmouth Devon artist died 15 March 1914 probate 2nd February 1915 to Edward Thomas Winbush science master and William Braithwaite  jeweller effects £73 16s 7d

Can you pick bits out of that !
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline jaywit

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 30 November 10 13:27 GMT (UK) »
I think we need to work out who Edward Thomas Wimbush science master was, as he is possibly a brother/nephew  of John L.

Going further back the Moreton Pinkney reference, I know we had the family in that area on the other Scavenger Hunt ( Boddington)