Author Topic: Murray of Sheepwalk, Arklow, Co Wicklow  (Read 15686 times)

Offline dlfrogs

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murray of Sheepwalk, Arklow, Co Wicklow
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 December 14 21:48 GMT (UK) »
I have Elizabeth Murray marrying Andrew Madden..source for the first name is  is the gravestone inscription. where she says to her "husband, Andrew" The last name comes from other websites which state the last name as unk. Murray.  There is also a Matthew Lawless who possibly is Matthew Lynch, I have seen this error before. Any thoughts? I believe that it is Elizabeth Murray who marries Andrew. Darrell Frogness

Offline murrato1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murray of Sheepwalk, Arklow, Co Wicklow
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 June 19 01:58 BST (UK) »
Hi all

It looks like this thread is a few years old, but I am also interested in finding out more about the Murrays of Arklow.

I have two ancestors I am trying to find out more information about:

1. Eliza Murray (b circa 1816).
2. Charlotte Murray (b circa 1828). Married James Bilk in the Isle of Wight. 

I have reason (from UK census returns) to believe they were sisters.

I don't have absolute confirmation both were from Arklow, but Eliza Murray (later Smith) had a daughter named Mary Ann (b circa 1838) in Arklow.  UK census information shows that Charlotte was born in County Wicklow.

I have looked at the information available on the rootsireland web site, but without much joy.

Have any of you other Murrays out there taken an ancestry DNA test?  If so, please let me know where.  I have done a couple and have also uploaded to Gedmatch Genesys.

Cheers
Tony
MURRAY-SMITH South Africa. SMITH Isle of Wight, Berkshire. MURRAY Northern Ireland. CONNELL Isle of Jersey, Devon. PARROTT Bedfordshire. MIDDLEMOST Berkshire. RAATH South Africa. BOWDEN Middlesex. SINFIELD Luton. BODSWORTH Bedfordshire.