Author Topic: Paul Spencer BORN 1810  (Read 5842 times)

Offline CAPTAIN BLOOD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Paul Spencer BORN 1810
« on: Sunday 05 December 10 04:36 GMT (UK) »
Looking for info on the Spencer family,Paul Spencer born Wicklow 1810-parents were Thomas Spencer and Esther Lougherone? Thomas was a farmer.Paul sailed to Australia in 1838 with his wife Frances Catherine Smith.Any help would be appreciated-many thanks

Offline Surrey16

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Paul Spencer BORN 1810
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 May 16 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Captain Blood
Are you still around I am a Spencer also interested in Paul born in Wicklow 1810
Reply if still interested

Offline CAPTAIN BLOOD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 May 16 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hi

Am still looking for Paul Spencer but so far no luck tracing him in Wicklow.

Offline Surrey16

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 May 16 06:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Captain Blood,
I am a descendant of Thomas Spencer also born in Wicklow 1816 - he arrived a few years later than Paul in 1841. For some years a group of us with a public Ancestry tree have made a leap of faith and included Paul in the tree as Thomas' brother. Tree address is http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/25668534/family
Like you we have had no luck in the Irish records.Wicklow and particularly Arklow were pretty much entirely destroyed in 1922 fire.
Recently a number of us attached to the above tree have indulged in Ancestry DNA.
Our hope is to find a Spencer match outside Australia.
I remembered this post and one of the others in the group had referenced it back in 2010.
I thought you might be interested in joining us in the DNA project.
It would determine whether Paul and Thomas were related and better still give a wider baseline for potential DNA matches if they are related.
I don't want to put a direct contact address here but you could contact me through the tree above.
I am not the tree owner but he was the person who had referenced your post so he will direct the enquiry to me.
If you are a Spencer relative we are having a 175th anniversary reunion in September.