Author Topic: Barklamb - Northwood  (Read 1345 times)

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Barklamb - Northwood
« on: Sunday 12 December 10 13:14 GMT (UK) »
I found this marriage: Richard Barklamb m. Mary Northwood 8 Jun 1779 Clunbury Parish Registers Stropshire / Hereford.

Could anyone help to see if they had any children?

I located a burial for Francis Northwood Barklamb from St. Benet Fink (London) who was buried St. Andrews Holburn, London ( 9 Aug 1798). Looking for a possible link to Clunbury.

Keith
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Barklamb - Northwood
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 December 10 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Possible from the IGI

SARAH BARCLUM   Christening:  28 MAY 1786   Edgton, Shropshire   
Father:  RICHARD BARCLUM    Mother:  MARY 

The IGI shows Barklamb births in London - parents Richard & Mary but they were in the 1820's so not your Richard & Mary

1841 shows quite a lot of entries in Shropshire for the surname Barkley but only one couple were called Barklam (no b on the end) - Thomas aged 50 and wife Hannah aged 49 living in Onibury

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Barklamb - Northwood
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 December 10 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Carole for your assistance.

The Barklambs in London seem to be all connected (also the Bruges, Belgium born ones) and these are my research. It was just that one Francis Northwood Barklamb was buried in 1798 London. The burial said that she was brought was St. Benet Fink, that being where John Barklamb and Sarah Jones married.

The middle name of Northwood made be think that maybe there was a family connection to Stropshire/Hereford, thus my question.
Regards,
Keith

Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End