Author Topic: CLEE family  (Read 12302 times)

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
CLEE family
« on: Thursday 03 June 04 14:26 BST (UK) »
Hi all out there, looking for any CLEE family, mainly around the Norton area, but would love to hear from anyone to share info.
Thanks, Lesley :D

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: CLEE FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 09:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley, I am Just stating my other half's family tree  his Grandmother was a Edith Clee, who  married William Morris  they had 12 children am waiting for Brian to bring the cirts for me to extract the info   so far have no more info as I live in Telford Shropshire i m hoping it wont be to difficult I have the 1871 and 1891 census at home  so Im going to pull off all the Morris Clee and Kelly names if I can help you I will.
Di
Fulkes/Fulks/Fulke. Yates, Ashton,Gamage, Jefkins,Lowen, Pooley,Colcock, Bellchambers, all London, Surrey, Sussex Middlesex
Jones, Reece, Granger, Treherne, Worrall Ward, Weeks, Morrey,Thomas, Owen, Dorsett, Hinton all started out in Shropshire

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 27 July 04 12:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Di
Thanks so much for getting in touch.  Funny enough my 3 x Grandparents were William Clee and Elizabeth Morris who married in Kington in 1862.
I haven't come across an Edith as yet.  Would love any info that you find on the census and I can send you my Clee report later if you find that we're researching the same areas.
Good luck
Kind regards   Lesley

Offline SteveClee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 August 05 04:52 BST (UK) »
Hey there, I'm a Clee located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Offline lesann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 16 August 05 00:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve
Thanks for getting in touch.  Have you any relations near Toronto?  As I'm in touch with a family over there.  Unfortunately, I haven't found a connection to my lot as yet.  Do you know if your ancestors came from England and if so whereabouts?
Kind regards
Lesley

Offline Diana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 31 July 06 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Lesley,
 I  have more info on the Clee line at last. William Morris married Edith I have all their 12 children , I also have photo's of the 5 generations of Morris, including 2 Williams. The other William married Jane Ann Richards,If you would like to contact me my email addy is difulkes@hotmail.com i am doing research with another person on the Clee, Kelly, morris, Owen lines. from knighton, Clun, newcastle. I will pass the info on to you when you get in touch.
Regards
Di
Fulkes/Fulks/Fulke. Yates, Ashton,Gamage, Jefkins,Lowen, Pooley,Colcock, Bellchambers, all London, Surrey, Sussex Middlesex
Jones, Reece, Granger, Treherne, Worrall Ward, Weeks, Morrey,Thomas, Owen, Dorsett, Hinton all started out in Shropshire

Offline Jan Jones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 September 06 04:40 BST (UK) »
Hello to all Clees,
I am looking for confirmation that Jemima Clee, who married William Breakwell in 1846, was the daughter of James and Maria Clee of Norton, Radnorshire.   The Census of 1861 has her born in Norton, the 1871 just says Radnorshire and the 1881 says Ludlow, Shropshire!
This is not urgent, as this is a far-off branch of my Breakwells (who once were Brecknocks and later used the alias of Colton) but we won't go into all that here!  I would just like to tie up a loose end and connect us with some folks in Australia.
I can be emailed at:   
I live in Winnipeg, Canada but was born in Radnorshire (or Powys, as it is again).
Thanks in advance for any information.     Jan Jones

Offline loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 September 06 09:24 BST (UK) »
There was a dentist in Toronto, died a few years ago (elderly), named David C. Clee.  I think he had a son, and perhaps other children as well.  I knew him as a dentist.
ARMSTRONG - Castleton Scot; NB; Westminstr Twp
BARFIELD - Nailsea
BRAKE - Nailsea
BURIATTE
CANDY - M'sex, Deptford
CLIFFORD - Maidstone
DURE(E) - France, Devon, Canada
HALLS - Chigwell
KREIN, Peter/Adam - Germany
LEOPOLD - Hanover, London
LATTIMER, MAXWELL - Ldn lightermen
MEYER - Lauenstein
MURRAY - Scot borders
STEWART - Chelsea; Reach
SWANICK - Mayo & Roscommon; Ontario
WEST - Rochester & Maidstone
WILLIS - Wilts, Berks, Hants, London
WOODHOUSE - Bristol tobacconist, London
WW1 internees

Offline wharfe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 25 December 16 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi just wondered whether you did know why the Brecknockes went under alias of colton etc...see you mention it in one of your posts...

Thanks
helen