Author Topic: 1914: Trimsaran, Pembrey (Local knowledge?)  (Read 2433 times)

Offline GenePool999

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1914: Trimsaran, Pembrey (Local knowledge?)
« on: Saturday 18 December 10 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Hoping someone has either local knowledge or access to some records that could help ?

I have a Birth Certificate for November 1914 with a birthplace listed as "Llandyry House, Trimsaran, Pembrey".

I have no details of Mother's address at that time as the Birth was registered 12 years later in 1926 when she was then living in London.

I'm assuming that this was maybe a home for unmarried mothers (or at least expectant ones) as the certificate has no Father's name present and three years before was in Luton and two years after was in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Anyone know anything about this address ?
GP999

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1914: Trimsaran, Pembrey (Local knowledge?)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 December 10 17:56 GMT (UK) »
GP999,
Welcome to Rootschat.

I have found Llyndyry House on an 1891 on line Ordnance Survey Map - across the road from a Church/graveyard - and trust I have found the google/street view equivalent.

Google Trimsaran - should display a map and you should see a place called Pinged to the West. Pinged is on the B4317 and I believe Llyndyry House was/is about midway between Pinged and the junction with the B4308 to the North.
Locate the Church and graveyard on the B4317. Opposite is a large, cream coloured house - this is the location of Llyndyry House on the 1891 OS map.

Can be seen quite clearly on street view.

Unable to provide any information about Llyndyry House itself at the moment

regards 

Oops - "Llyndyry" above shd read "Llandyry"