Author Topic: Forgue births about 1852  (Read 4902 times)

Offline shelagh2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Forgue births about 1852
« on: Wednesday 13 April 05 20:50 BST (UK) »
does anyone have access to the births in this parish -  I can't find anything on the IGI
I'm looking for a James born to Elizabeth Low , maybe in Comisty or Cobairdy.

Shelagh2
Aberdeenshire and Banff - Benzie, Walker, Forsyth, McIntosh. Lancashire Chippendale, Parr, Houghton

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Forgue births about 1852
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 April 05 11:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Shelagh2,
Hope you don't mind repying again,,,,,,,,,
these are the batch nos for Forgue
Forgue
 C111941   1855-1867   M111941   1855-1875   
 C111942   1684-1769   M111944   1781-1854   
 C111943   1868-1875     
 C111944   1770-1854   
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline shelagh2

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 April 05 18:00 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for helping again.

Since your last mails I have obtained the birth certificate of James Low born Banchory Devenick  13/01/1855.
I have a copy I can read and his mother Elizabeth Low was born Kincardine O'Neil, and the birth was registered by 'grandfather' Alexr Low. This leads me to think that this is not the right person becasue Elizabeth doesn't come from Forgue.

If you remember - on the 1841 census there is an Elizabeth Low 8 years old living with presumably her mother Elizabeth Low, at Comisty,Forgue.
If you remember the marriage of Elizabeth Low to George Jamiesone in 1855 gave her father as John Low deceased, so he could have also been dead in 1841.
I also beleive Comisty is Cobairdy which is Elizabeth Low's place of residence on her marriage.

All this led me to wondering if there was another James Low (Walker) born in Forgue hence this post. This would also help to prove/disprove the banchory Devenick link.
I just wondered if anyone has access to local info that's not included in the IGI on-line.

With regard to the 1861 census I am waiting for it to appear on freecen, not sure where else I can get that census. 

Regards

Shelagh

Aberdeenshire and Banff - Benzie, Walker, Forsyth, McIntosh. Lancashire Chippendale, Parr, Houghton

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kenjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
/
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 April 05 18:10 BST (UK) »
/
Pattillo, Connon, Shand, Mackie, Hickey, Brooks, Ryan.

Offline Helen21

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 17 April 05 02:31 BST (UK) »
re; "I also beleive Comisty is Cobairdy which is Elizabeth Low's place of residence on her marriage."

I've been a bit of a lurker here, but thought you might like to know that Comisty is about 2 miles south east of Cobairdy. 

Cobairdy is just under 2.5 miles  SW of Forgue Kirk, and 0.5 miles to the west of the Huntly-Banff road, while Comisty is just under 2.5 miles SSW of the Kirk and 2 miles W of Frendraught House. (This was taken off the 1896 Ordinance Survey map, though I don't things have changed since then!)

Hope that helps a bit,
Helen
Caithness-Harper, Houston/Ogston (Wick & Canisbay)
Isle of Lewis-MacDonald, MacLeod, Stewart (all Swordale & Bayble)
Morayshire-McLennan, Roy (Drainie)
Banffshire-Fraser (Gamrie & Marnoch)  Thomson (Marnoch) Wilson (Portsoy) Greig (Macduff)
Aberdeenshire-Allan (Monymusk & Forgue) Copland (Chapel of Garioch & Forgue) Henderson & Tough (Premnay) Greig (Inverurie)
West Lothian-Johnston & Kirkwood (Bo'ness)
Stirlingshire-Johnston & Shanks (Slamannan) Boyd (Kilsyth & Airdrie)

Offline LowRossHistory

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 18 June 18 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Shelagh
Are you still using RootsChat?  I am new to this site.
Elizabeth Innes Low who married James Jamieson was the sister of my ancestor John Low married
Jean Low.  I've been trying to establish a death for their father, John Low; it is pre Dec1855.

I have a copy of the babtism records for Elizabeth and her siblings. Do you have any 1841 census for this the Lows at Comisty? 
thanks Gayle

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 18 June 18 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Gayle and welcome to Roots Chat Shelagh has not been active on here since 2011 if her e-mail address  is still the same she will receive a notification you have posted ..and hopefully make contact with you ..Have you tried www.freecen.org.uk for census records ?

Rosie