Author Topic: Look-up please electoral register 1950/1951  (Read 1612 times)

Offline coyote99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look-up please electoral register 1950/1951
« on: Sunday 19 December 10 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi if anyone has access to Derbyshire records office could they please look up the electoral register for 1950/1951 for a Foster living at 19 Edward Crescent, Kilburn, Derby? My G Grandfather's death (John Thomas Foster died 18th June 1951 at Babington House Belper) was registered by a Mrs H Foster living at above address & it states she was his daughter-in-law. I am trying to find out who she was married to as this son was from my G Grandfather's relationship with an unknown woman & not his legal wife. Could you please also look up electoral register 1950 for John Thomas Foster of Pentrich Wharf, Lower Hartshay, near Ripley to see who else was living with him? Many thanks if anyone can do this.

Offline chrisrsmorriss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Look-up please electoral register 1950/1951
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 February 17 08:48 GMT (UK) »
I believe I may have replied to you some time ago on another forum about the man known locally as "Durham Jack", who was living at the old Pentrich Colliery Wharf house by the side of the Cromford Canal at that time.  This is the house I grew up in after my birth in 1952.  My parents renamed it as 'The Shieling' when they purchased it.

I am sorry to tell you that my brother and I had to put this property, at the old Pentrich Wharf, up for sale when our late father had to go into a nursing home with dementia.  The purchasers unfortunately knocked down the property (with all its historical associations) and have built a very much larger new house a few metres away from the location of the old wharf house.

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 12 February 17 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

From your previous posts you give details of the 3 sons and year of marriage, so can only assume you know who they married.  So which wife's name begins with H.

You say Thomas married 1949
             Jack 1948
             Clifford 1951
I cannot find a suitable marriage for Thomas, but Jack & Clifford appear to have married in the Belper registration district. Jacks wife's name is not suitable but Clifford married a Helen.

These people may still be alive so have not posted full names, suggest you check the marriage details you have to decide who the Mrs H ....  Named as daughter in law was married to.

Spendlove
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline chrisrsmorriss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 February 17 15:03 GMT (UK) »
As far as I know, John Foster (AKA Durham Jack) died in Babington Hospital at Belper.  I was told that the woman he was living with was not his wife.

He used to be a locomotive driver at Pentrich Colliery, but I don't know of any available records for there.