Author Topic: Radulfus Cutt son of Richard  (Read 16120 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Radulfus Cutt son of Richard
« on: Wednesday 22 December 10 06:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
http://www.britainexpress.com/attractions.htm?attraction=4262
Does any one have Radulfus (Ralph) Cutt (Cutts) son of Ricardus Cutt  about B 1608 Throapham Hall, Oldcotes Rd, Laughton-en-le-Morthen  in their tree married Elizabeth Amrie 7th June 1630 North Wingfield. Maybe connection with later Harthill Cutts/Cutt

Ralph Cutt  -possible brother of  John Cutt  Christening: 30 SEP 1594 maybe sub chapel or abode Dinnington Sheffield, Yorkshire, England http://www.journeymouse.net/CMS/docs/Cutts.pdf

Source of nile:- Leaf hints anc*stry . thingy. uk

Dave

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Radulfus Cutt son of Richard
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 December 10 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave,

There are various Cutts mentioned here although I haven't had time to see if Radolfus/Ralph is one of them:

http://www.rotherhamweb.co.uk/genealogy/index.htm

Hope it helps

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 December 10 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jill,

I'll have a look at the web link.

Merry Xmas Dave
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Jim BC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 12:25 GMT (UK) »
I am very interested in The ancestry of Ralph Cutt.  I am a direct decendant of Ralph and Elizabeth Amrie and am amazed you have found his Father.  Can I ask how you actually found a connection between the Ralph in North Wingfield and the Ralph in Throapham Hall. Although over the years I have found a few Ralph possibilities I have never seen evidence of the one in Throapham. 

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim

How I found the info on Ralf on post one  is it came up on anc*stry.co.uk.

If you have a free family tree with them but don't subscribe to Anc*stry you get hints of other people tree entries in basic info form  of date and location, other than that nothing else and hence I posted on here hoping for more info.

Having said this? you talk of possibilities of Ralf's birth/bapt! but that far back with limited info will also be your best guess unless a Will turns up and my experience says Wills never give ages (Unless infant) only death locations.

Since I wrote this thread I have had new Info that indicated Ralf is not my line so therefore of no importance to me now.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=348222.new;topicseen

Hope you can find your Ralf's dad one day

Happy New Year

Regards Dave

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 13:12 GMT (UK) »
I'll leave the thread open for comments on Ralf  for Jim and other researchers of Ralf of North Wingfield

Offline Jim BC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Dave, I will though check next week on Throapham idea, it will at least have a germ of a clue about it.

Can I be of help with your Cutts line at all? I have been collecting info for over 30 years and have an enormous amount of Cutts lines.   

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim

Thank you for your offer with my Cutts line! What is your line or are there any of mine?  :)

I'm taking a new approach on my Cutts of Scarcliffe and Wales Yorkshire as there is evidence downstream to support Yorkshire link to his parents of George Cutts b 1821 Scarcliffe son of George cutts and Fanny fox. I don't go along with the Charlesworth Grand parent and North Wingfield. only link with that area to these Cutts is Elizabeth Trickett (wife of George Curtts b 1821 Scarcliffe died 1886 in Whitwell near Harthill/Wales village) was born in Wingerfield and all the rest support Rotherham/Worksop area.

As for Ralf? as I have said there is so little info on these BMD entries and any assumption make from them will be a best guess without support of other information in support any theory based on parish entries alone. Burial MI's are rare for those years but a few do exist! deeds, lease, poorlaw, land tax, Tax rolls, Gentry letters and the like may support.

As for the entry of Ralf of Throapham ?, checking the original parish register at one of Sheffield/Rotherham /Worksop libraries? archives should answer but the parish PR's seem vague by the IGI which maybe BT's

Journey mouse seems to know alot about these Cutts and is a supporter of the Charlesworth North Wingfield theory. cross refer church PR's with BT's would be a good idea.! :o

http://www.journeymouse.net/CMS/content/view/38/60/

Keep digging things do turn up.

Dave  :(  aways looking

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 15:53 GMT (UK) »
PS

Someone somewhere   :-\ knows something about Richard father of Ralph

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/CUTTS/2010-12/1291760930

I found this link on Richard father of Ralph but seems Anc*stry.co.uk based sauce again.?????

Dave