Author Topic: Radulfus Cutt son of Richard  (Read 16121 times)

Offline Jim BC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Radulfus Cutt son of Richard
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Are you aware that Georges Baptism is actually in the Bolsover Registers?

If not I can send the details.

Over the years a number of us have worked hard on the Georges so we have a lot of detail.

With regards to Journeymouse, a lot of what is posted on that site was from our Cutts one name study (freely shared), unfortunately it has been mixed with errors and then published and although I would always help people rectify mistakes, in this case Journeymouse has published my branch of the tree including my children without permission and as such I intend to leave it incorrect.

Offline HCutts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

I am a direct descendant of Radulfus (Ralph) CUTTS and Elizabeth AMRIE of North Wingfield marriage 1630, but have not been able to get back any further than him. Does anyone have his birth details? The anc£stry.com family trees all link him to a Ricardus Cutts, and his father being Abraham Cutts, who married Elizabeth Beaumont (according to the family trees).

I am trying to find the evidence of these fathers, but am stuck at Radulfus. Any help greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks and wishing all a very happy new year.

Hannah

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 16:30 GMT (UK) »
Are you aware that Georges Baptism is actually in the Bolsover Registers?

If not I can send the details.

Over the years a number of us have worked hard on the Georges so we have a lot of detail.

With regards to Journeymouse, a lot of what is posted on that site was from our Cutts one name study (freely shared), unfortunately it has been mixed with errors and then published and although I would always help people rectify mistakes, in this case Journeymouse has published my branch of the tree including my children without permission and as such I intend to leave it incorrect.

Hi Jim,

Yes I agree George Cutts was born 1821 Bolsover it was his dad George who married Frances Fox b 1791 of heath! then by 1810 was  residence  and married Scarcliffe 1810

The fact that my great granny Mary Cutts (Cutt) born 1846 in Sutton cum Duckmanton died Duckmanton 1902 Mary Cutts of Bolsover married Samuel Tidmarsh b 1844 Temple balsall Warwick in 1867  Wales parish of Waleswood Yorkshire siblings Herbert Tidmarsh bapt Jan 1868 Wales parish  Thomas Tidmarsh bapt DEC 1868 Scarcliffe parish Samuel Tidmarsh jr bapt 1876.  Sutton cum Duckmanton (on 1871c living Scarcilffe as Samuel TiTmarsh b 1844) Samuel Tidmarsh b 1844 moved to Suttlewood then  Clowne 1911 after Mary died 1902. and died in Clowne 1920 at 43 West lea Clowne.

Samuel Tidmarsh b 1844 Temple Balsall  Wawickshire -his sister Ann Tidmarsh b 1828 Tanworth in arden married john Davison (mis-scribed Davidson) in Warwickshire in 1848 and by 1851c  Thomas Tidmarsh b 1831 Warwicksire (Samuel sr brother) was living with Ann Davison and husband John Davison as brother in law age 20 in Hillstown Bolsover

Then Samuel followed (post 1861) them to Derbyshire/Yorkshire area and married Mary Cutts in Wales village 1867

Family descendants link with Wales,  Harthill and Whitwell are strong post 1920 my uncles worked at Whitwell mine most of their lives.
George Cutts b 1821 died 1886 Whitwell

Samuel was head Cattleman at manor hall farm on the Arkwright estate at Arkwright hall Scardale Sutton lane Duckmanton back road to Scarcliffe parish

Dave
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

I am a direct descendant of Radulfus (Ralph) CUTTS and Elizabeth AMRIE of North Wingfield marriage 1630, but have not been able to get back any further than him. Does anyone have his birth details? The anc£stry.com family trees all link him to a Ricardus Cutts, and his father being Abraham Cutts, who married Elizabeth Beaumont (according to the family trees).

I am trying to find the evidence of these fathers, but am stuck at Radulfus. Any help greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks and wishing all a very happy new year.

Hannah

Hi Hannah

Sorry as I'm same as you! with anc*stry stuff knowing little? about it or source as I only use ancestry library edition search which as no familly tree access but I have my free tree on anc*stry but can't see other trees as not subscribed to them but get limited hints. My research is direct from archives

Regards Dave
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Journeymouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 17:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim,

Apologies for the problems with the CUTTS details on my web-page. If you would let me know where you want me to do the snip / removal of details from - i.e. how far back on the tree - I will be happy to remove the names.

I haven't looked at my CUTTS data since February so it's due a trawl through to check what new information has been found and what corrections I need to make otherwise. My last update was the addition of Ralph and Elizabeth (nee AMRIE) to the top of the tree as I had been informed that they had been connected to Robert (whom married Grace then Ann) through a son's will that named Robert as his brother. (Did that all make sense?) This is all on the page linked to by Dave / dobfarm.

If I'm honest, the only data I can be sure of is up to George and Frances (nee FOX). The census information makes the families easier to put together and the connections before that are shaky. If you've sent any corrections through specifically to me and I've ignored them, I apologise and ask that they be sent through again as I don't appear to have many communications regarding the CUTTS family.

Regards,
Jo

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

As my lot? its still toss of a coin as George Cutts parents who married Frances Fox and need more info to prove the right parents of him.

Dave

Offline HCutts

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 17:47 GMT (UK) »
PS

Someone somewhere   :-\ knows something about Richard father of Ralph

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/CUTTS/2010-12/1291760930

I found this link on Richard father of Ralph but seems Anc*stry.co.uk based sauce again.?????

Dave

Oh, that link above is by me, HCutts! Still trying to verify and find Radulfus's parents. Does seem to be tenuous links on ancestry.com that are not sourced.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 18:04 GMT (UK) »
PS

Someone somewhere   :-\ knows something about Richard father of Ralph

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/CUTTS/2010-12/1291760930

I found this link on Richard father of Ralph but seems Anc*stry.co.uk based sauce again.?????

Dave

Oh, that link above is by me, HCutts! Still trying to verify and find Radulfus's parents. Does seem to be tenuous links on ancestry.com that are not sourced.

Hi Hannah,

I think its the dog chasing its own tail as Anc*stry.com info and Who the heck Abraham is god knows ! I would take with a sake full of salt not a pinch. Some body puts something as it gets chase around the block a few times with bits added and comes back gossip in many trees with a big carrot of so many tree to link with? so may it must be true attitude . Also it more intersting being family  linked to King kong year dot than just Ralph Cutts 1630 marriage of North wingfield to talk about with a few pints at the pub. :D

Dave  :)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 29 December 10 18:36 GMT (UK) »

George Cutts and Frances Fox marriage 1810 parish register

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=503633.msg3604199