Author Topic: ROBERT HUDSON PYE - Marriage  (Read 3648 times)

Offline Cleptamania

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ROBERT HUDSON PYE - Marriage
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 19:28 BST (UK) »
Hi  via..I'm not to clever on this..but dad had I think 6 or 7 brothers and sisters..Graham,David,Barbara, Albert,Douglass and himself..John. and I think a few died..Marion,and a boy.. did Robert have any other children?  Was he ever married before .?

Offline senteacher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 20:42 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure that you have the right information. Are you talking about your dad's brothers and sisters or Robert's? Robert stated he was single in the 1901 census. If he married in 1905 and his wife died in 1905 there's no possibility of him having as many children as you suggest unless he was recorded incorrectly in the census. Another option could be that they'd lived together for some time before marrying but I haven't seen anything to suggest that. Nor have I found any info about a previous marriage.
As to Robert's brothers and sisters they are as follows:
William Robinson Pye, Aaron Pye, Elizabeth Weldon Pye, Moses Pye, Jane Pye, Ann Richardson Pye, Margaret Stephenson Pye, Moses Pye (2nd child called Moses - 1st died), George Pye, Mary Ellen Pye and Georgina Pye.
Saying all of that Graham, John and Douglass (with two s's)  are family names.
Stewart, Gray, Bews (Orkney/Tyneside), Byrne (Ireland; England; USA; Canada),Colvin (Tyneside), Dingwall (Moray/Tyneside), Harforth (Yorks/Tyneside), Frater (Ntblnd/Durham), McGee (Nc/le-Tyne), Ormston(Ntblnd/Durham), Potts (Nc/le-Tyne), Pye (Ntblnd /Norfolk), Robson (Ntblnd/Durham), Sanderson (Ntblnd/Durham), Screech(Devon/Yorks) Stott (Ntblnd/Durham), Summers (Ntblnd), Tinline (Scotland, England, Australia, New Zealand and S. Africa), Tate (Ntblnd), Urwin (Ntblnd/Durham

Offline Cleptamania

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 21:12 BST (UK) »
Robert was my grandad.he was the one with all the children..so they must have been born or at least some of them out of wedlock..his name was originally davies.but somewhere along the line it got changed to Davis..he has his army records and some other bits n Bob's..

Offline Cleptamania

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 21:39 BST (UK) »
robert hudson pye was my mother.s father ,her mum married in 1905 her mum died in 1905 robert died in 1910

...I'm sorry I got it wronge..I thought it was my grandfather..so he was my  great grandfather..I copied text of my farther.lol

Offline Cleptamania

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 21:43 BST (UK) »
my mam was born 1905 gertrud louisa pye.....

That is the child of Robert..

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 22:44 BST (UK) »
The info would appear to be correct that Robert & Mary Jane Pye were the parents of Gertrude Louisa Pye - see the 1911 entry under Gertie Pye
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline senteacher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 23:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks, much appreciated. I've already done that and found her BMD entry too.
Stewart, Gray, Bews (Orkney/Tyneside), Byrne (Ireland; England; USA; Canada),Colvin (Tyneside), Dingwall (Moray/Tyneside), Harforth (Yorks/Tyneside), Frater (Ntblnd/Durham), McGee (Nc/le-Tyne), Ormston(Ntblnd/Durham), Potts (Nc/le-Tyne), Pye (Ntblnd /Norfolk), Robson (Ntblnd/Durham), Sanderson (Ntblnd/Durham), Screech(Devon/Yorks) Stott (Ntblnd/Durham), Summers (Ntblnd), Tinline (Scotland, England, Australia, New Zealand and S. Africa), Tate (Ntblnd), Urwin (Ntblnd/Durham