Author Topic: Fitzpatrick, Offaly  (Read 7916 times)

Offline cheecky face

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fitzpatrick, Offaly
« on: Monday 27 December 10 07:18 GMT (UK) »
myluck!,

By any chance do any of your fitzpatrick family come from Co Offaly as I researching Fitzpatricks who originate from there

Moderator's Note: Split from this topic: Will RootsChat be of help to you?
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,362550.450

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzpatrick, Offaly
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 December 10 11:55 GMT (UK) »
possible related posts ? 

Bridget FITSPATRICK

You will need to check for available parish records to work further back. Do you know what religion your Fitzpatrick family were ?

The town of Ferbane is split between the Civil parish of Wheery/Killagally and Gallen and the townland of Ferbane is in the civil parish of Wheery/Killagally. The corresponding RC parish appears to be 'Tisaron and Galen.'

RC Records for the parish go back to 1819 for baptisms and marriages and are available in the National Library (Dublin), and LDS Centres. At least some records for the parish seems to be included on the pay-website of the Irish Family History Foundation (www.rootsireland.ie), under the parish name of 'Ferbane', with the same dates listed.

see : RC Parish of Tisaron and Galen (Irish Times)

see also : Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fitzpatrick, Offaly
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 December 10 12:29 GMT (UK) »
at this stage I am not sure
My Fitzpatrick is Margaret
She was married to Patrick Kearney in the early 1800s
They had a son Daniel b. 1832 approx (my husband's direct ancestor) and at least one brother John born 1825
Both sons were baptised in Bray, Co. Wicklow but I am not sure that the original family were from there
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder