Author Topic: Can you search for house number and road in 1861?  (Read 11201 times)

Offline astral14

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can you search for house number and road in 1861?
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 01 January 11 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - yes, I must have done that!
I meant the 'could be' for the masquerading as a brother.
Thanks for all of this.

The Dr Henry Radcliffe crocker was born in Hove in 1845. His parents were a Henry Crocker and a Maria Walters. They also had a daughter, Charlotte Eliza.

Offline nigelp

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 01 January 11 19:10 GMT (UK) »
The Dr Henry Radcliffe crocker was born in Hove in 1845. His parents were a Henry Crocker and a Maria Walters. They also had a daughter, Charlotte Eliza.

Henry and Maria married in Salisbury (8 553 Salisbury Sep 1841 qtr). Henry was born in Bath, Somerset about 1807.

Nigel
Essex - Burrell, Thorogood
Norfolk - Alcock, Bowen, Bowers, Breeze, Burton, Creamer, Hammond, Sparkes, Wakefield, Wiggett
North Devon - Burgess, Chalacombe, Collacott, Goss
Northamptonshire - George, Letts, Muscutt, Richardson
Somerset - Barber
Wiltshire - Brine, Burges, Carey, Gray, Lywood, Musselwhite, Perris, Read, Turner, Wilkins

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline astral14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 01 January 11 19:55 GMT (UK) »

Offline astral14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 22 January 11 15:06 GMT (UK) »
And...
I ordered the birth certificate for Walter Crocker Smith and it IS the right person, listing Susan Caroline Smith as his mother but no father. They were living at 20 Nottingham Place, Stepney in 1855.
Yay!

Offline Robyn-Louise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 12 November 17 05:48 GMT (UK) »
I'm the great great Granddaughter of Ebenezer Crocker (Australia) if you would like to make contact.

Offline Robyn-Louise

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 12 November 17 06:05 GMT (UK) »
Re Ebenezer Crocker: I have a copy of the original baptism. His parents are Robert Ratcliffe Crocker and Mary Seir

Robert's father was Henry Ratcliffe Crocker Born in Milford 1747 .. He died in 1822
Crocker   Henry   1747   1822   1822   Hampshire Burials   Milford, Hampshire, England   
Crocker   Henry Ratcliff   —   —   1775   Hampshire Marriages   Milford, Hampshire, England

Surely the famous Henry Ratcliffe Crocker is a relative still to find. He is born much later and they come from towns not so faraway from each other.  (Time will tell.)

Offline astral14

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 31 March 18 21:22 BST (UK) »
Re Ebenezer Crocker: I have a copy of the original baptism. His parents are Robert Ratcliffe Crocker and Mary Seir

Robert's father was Henry Ratcliffe Crocker Born in Milford 1747 .. He died in 1822
Crocker   Henry   1747   1822   1822   Hampshire Burials   Milford, Hampshire, England   
Crocker   Henry Ratcliff   —   —   1775   Hampshire Marriages   Milford, Hampshire, England

Surely the famous Henry Ratcliffe Crocker is a relative still to find. He is born much later and they come from towns not so faraway from each other.  (Time will tell.)

I have been trying to make a link but have not been successful so far but it does seem as if there should be some kind of relationship!