Author Topic: drakeley - fairground/coal merchants  (Read 21880 times)

Offline charlie.green

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: drakeley - fairground/coal merchants
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 10:11 GMT (UK) »
I hope someone sees this. I have Romani in my family but I have just discoverd that I have Bathsheba Drakeley born 1797 married to William Matthews on my fathers side..Is this the same person I wonder.
Green,Matthews,Drakeley,Lord,Measures,Taylor,Wilson,Else,Elverson,Bucknall,Swift,Patrick,Bruce,Bates,Beeby,Brown,Reed,

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 October 15 11:57 GMT (UK) »
As I said previously Bathsheba and William were my great great grandparents.  I can confirm that we have the same dates of birth for Bathsheba.  I am interested how you are related.  However until you make two more posts I  can't contact you using the message system.  I have a large amount of information about both the Matthews and Drakeley families.
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline charlie.green

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 November 15 01:02 GMT (UK) »
I am new to this sorry.. Here is what I have.Bathsheba 1797 - 1878 married Wm Matthews 1791 - 1861 My 4x grandparents. Son Wm 1822 married Jane Pettifer 1823. Their daughter Rhoda 1857 married Thomas Green 1856.
Green,Matthews,Drakeley,Lord,Measures,Taylor,Wilson,Else,Elverson,Bucknall,Swift,Patrick,Bruce,Bates,Beeby,Brown,Reed,

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 November 15 09:28 GMT (UK) »
I think the Drakeleys are still involved with funfairs.

Have you seen this?

http://www.oldtymefunfairs.co.uk/corporate-funfair-hire.php

**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline charlie.green

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 22:29 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I havent long found them.

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 12:41 GMT (UK) »
The line back from Bathsheba is as follows:

Her parent were William 1754 and Hannah Dewell.
His parents were John Drakeley and his second wife Jane.
John was the son of Abraham and Anne (possibly Paine)

The fairground/coal merchant/canal boat branch of the family is descended from Abraham the brother of John.
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline charlie.green

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 22 November 15 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the reply.. I am excited to  find out that I have a mixture of different cultures within.

Offline charlie.green

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 12 November 16 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Could it possible to view someone's tree please.I am trying to find out if my Drakely s connect to the Boswell s or Smith's. Thank you

Offline Libleca

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 13 March 18 15:22 GMT (UK) »
My paternal grandparents lived in a double decker bus on ground owned by the Drakeley family on Belchers Lane. Birmingham before it was brought by Birmingham Corporation to build houses. recently I met the second wife of Jack Drakeley whose Dad was also called Jack who I think owned the land. Its a small world