Alfred Secreton HUGHES (born c1841 Bristol) married (9 July 1863 Holy Trinity, Skipton, Yorkshire) Harriet PALEY (born c1837 nr. Skipton). So far I've found 6 children but there could be others-
1. Harriet Emalu Hughes (c1867-aft.1901).
2. Elizabeth Eleanor Hughes (c1869-aft.1911).
3. Edwin Frederick Hughes (c1872).
4. Harold Victor Hughes (10 June 1876 Stroud, Gloucs.-15 Nov.1917).
#464333 Canadian Infantry, b.Stroud Glouc., Methodist, salesman, father Alfred Secreton Hughes 1 Anglesea Mansions St. Leonards-on-Sea England, elisted Vernon B.C.
5. Katherine Edith/Edith Catherine Amy Hughes (July/Sept.1878 Stroud dist.).
6. Jessie Marie Hughes (c1880).
At the time of the 1881 census wife Harriet is away from home (dead?) but her niece Annie CLYDE is staying in the household. Another visitor is listed in LDS transcription as Amy Hannah Lacy (age 32 born Birstall, Yorks.) but I suspect that her surname might be Paley rather than Lacy (hard to read census page?) as Harriet (Paley) Hughes had a sister Mary Hannah Paley (although she would have been 47 rather than 32).
Could anyone please check original page to see "Amy's" name?
RG11 2542/129 page 7 (Uplands House, Painswick).