Author Topic: Offer: Headstones In Largo & Kilconquhar Cemeteries  (Read 88234 times)

Offline mike331278

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Offer: Headstones In Largo & Kilconquhar Cemeteries
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 20:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Would you know where Lathallan burial grounds would have been located in 1759, it's near Kilconquhar but I'm not sure
. if it is Kilconquhar Cemetery? I have a record taken from Kilconquhar Parish book - June 29 1759 Thomas Lindsay in the grounds of Lathallan, died, and buried on 30 June - Old Parish Registers Deaths 436/ 20 497 Kilconquhar) Page 497 of 523. Thanks for any help
LINDSAY, Morgan, Watson, Pryde, Gibson, Hay

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday 14 February 18 15:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Would you know where Lathallan burial grounds would have been located in 1759, it's near Kilconquhar but I'm not sure
. if it is Kilconquhar Cemetery? I have a record taken from Kilconquhar Parish book - June 29 1759 Thomas Lindsay in the grounds of Lathallan, died, and buried on 30 June - Old Parish Registers Deaths 436/ 20 497 Kilconquhar) Page 497 of 523. Thanks for any help
Hi I would assume that Thomas is buried in Kilconquhr cemetery in the grave of someone
Called Lathallan I have no records of a headstone for Lathallan or your Thomas in Kilconquhar
Cemetery
Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline Chiad Fhear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Aye mair questions than answers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Sunday 25 February 18 10:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

What a great service you offer! Much appreciated.
Looking for the following, all likely to be in Kilconquhar:
Primrose LUNDIN / LUNDIE (formerly SIMSON) b. 1755
and her husband Andrew LUNDIN / LUNDIE died 7 December 1776
Alexander LUNDIN / LUNDIE died 21 Nov 1859
and his wife Mary LUNDIN / LUNDIE (formerly MARR) dies 10 June 1845
Also Mary MARR's parents who were:
William MARR / Margaret MARR (formerly HENDERSON)
Thanks in advance
Steve

Hi Steve

This is my maternal branch of the big tree.

ALEXANDER SIMSON or LUNDIN was the illegitimate son of Primrose and Philip Alexander Lundie **.  He died in Arncroach in the Prish of Kilconquhar on 21 November 1859 and was interred on 22 November, 1859, in Kilconquhar Churchyard, Fife; 'feet 6 yards south of Robert Stewart's headstone'

April 3rd, 1778 OPR for the Parish of Largo, Fife, has this entry:
"Alexr. Simson:  Was born Alexander, son to Primrose Simson in St Monance, sometime servant at Strathearly, who gives Alexander Lundin, son to the late Andrew Lundin of Strathearly for the father.  Robert Black, Salter in St Monance, stood sponsor for the child who was baptised at the Manse of Largo the 24th of December, 1779. Robert Lessles, Elder of the Family & the Ministers' family witnesses."

A very brave girl, was Primrose, to stand up and name the son of the Laird as father of her child!

** There's some discrepancy here with the reputed father's name but my copy of Robert Alan Lundie Smith's "History of the Clan Lundy, Lundie, Lundin" (The Grimsay Press 2005) has Alexander Lundin as "Philip Alexander Lundin"

Mary died in 1841 at Inchervie in the Parish of Kilconquhar, but I have no interment details for her.

Alexander and Mary had 8 children - 7 daughters and one son.

Regards

Chiad Fhear

Aye mair questions than answers in a world where the past was a different place - that cannae be revisited!

Family surnames being researched ...
Crawford, Neilson, Lindsay, Reekie, Davidson
Drummond, Laing, Pearson, Tulloch ... will do for starters but there's a whole lot more!

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Sunday 25 February 18 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

You're misunderstanding the record. Lathallan is an area in Kilconquhar parish - Lathallan Home Farm and Lathallan Mill are south of Largoward and north of Colinsburgh. Thomas Lindsay would have been a farm labourer at Lathallan, but buried in Kilconquhar churchyard.

The Monumental Inscriptions (pre-1855) for East Fife, published by the Scottish Genealogy Society, lists several Lindsay headstones in that churchyard, but they are all members of the local aristocratic family, the Earls of Crawford and Lindsay.

Harry

Offline mike331278

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday 07 March 18 21:45 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Harry for the info :)
LINDSAY, Morgan, Watson, Pryde, Gibson, Hay

Offline Janet Mc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Thursday 26 April 18 09:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your wonderful offer which I hope is still open. Would it be possible to post all the gravestones/records you have in groups?

I'm looking for: 1.  Thomas WHYTE/White and his wife, Margaret Simpson/Sympson ... between 1780 and 1821 in Largo (or perhaps Kilconquahar)

2.Also any Whites in those years in K.

Thank you

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Thursday 03 May 18 17:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your wonderful offer which I hope is still open. Would it be possible to post all the gravestones/records you have in groups?
Hi Janet I have over 16,000 Headstones in my Index impossible to post them

I'm looking for: 1.  Thomas WHYTE/White and his wife, Margaret Simpson/Sympson ... between 1780 and 1821 in Largo (or perhaps Kilconquahar)
Nothing for Thomas Whyte in Largo or Kilconquhar in my index

2.Also any Whites in those years in K.
No Whites in Kilconquhar in my index

Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline Janet Mc

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Friday 04 May 18 00:34 BST (UK) »
Thank you Norrie.

Where else might a Thomas WHYTE/White and his wife Margaret Sympson be buried in the area? On his daughter's wedding in 1806 it clearly says her father was 'TW of Largo'

Offline blueheeler

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday 01 August 18 05:19 BST (UK) »
 Dear NorrieG,

Can you please assist with the following.
Jean Sunter died 5 August 1849 married to David Ritchie  :Kilconquhar

and
Margaret Ritchie died 3 Sept. 1868 married to Andrew Cunningham : Kilconquhar.

thanks