Author Topic: Cornford family  (Read 7284 times)

Offline charm

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cornford family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello I have the following information on my family tree.  I received this information from other Cornford family members so not sure of the accuracy.

William Cornford, Born 1759 Warbleton, Sussex Died 9.10.1844 Herstmonceux, Sussex - Married Mary Hayler. (No marriage date)
Williams parents - Thomas Cornford Born 1732 Warbleton, Died 1785 Married Philadelpha Bellchambers born 1733.
Thomas Parents - John Cornford born 1693 Warbleton  Died 1772 Married Susan Harmer
John  Parents - John Cornford born 17.07.1664 Warbleton Died 1748, Married Mary Luck born 1672

Good Luck
charm

Offline smokiecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 06 January 11 08:10 GMT (UK) »
Thank you everyone,
I went onto Withyam St.Michael's, Baptism site, from 1661-1881, not a Cornford there, so I expect you could be right, he wasn't baptised. So I am just going to take it as 1759.
Williams marriage to Mary Hailer, was 06 05 1787.
Thomas's father John Cornford was born 15.04.1693 married Susan Harmer on 17.07.1717
and his father John Cornford born 17.07.1664 married Mary Luck on 04.08.1692.

Mary

Offline JOOBLES

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 March 12 22:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am a descendent of William and Mary Cornford and have masses of info. on their children up to the present if you need any help.

William died 1844 Herstmonceux and his wife Mary died in 1845 in Sedlescombe. She had a sister, Elizabeth.

Julie
ANDREWS, BROOK(S), CHERRYMAN, CORNFORD, COLEMAN, CUMPER, FISHER,
HARRINGTON, HAYLER, HOUGH, HUTTON, JUPP, KENSETT, ILLMAN, KITE, STOPES,
SPYER, LAKER, MASON, NICHOLSON, ROBERTS, FOX, RODWELL, WRIGHT, LOCKARD,
LONE, SAY, SAYERS, SCOTT, STREETER, THOMAS, KAYES, TREADWELL, USHERWOOD,
CHANDLER, VAUGHAN, WELLER, WELLS, WOOD, SAUNDERS, WREN, HAYWARD, CLEAR

Offline smokiecat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 March 12 10:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I expect your William was the one married to Mary Hailer, My conection is rather fleeting Im afraid, although I have got quite a bit on the Cornford family, I am linked by Richard Hook, who married a Philadelphia Gutsell, who in turn was the daughter of Richard Gutsell, who married Elizabeth Cornford 16.10.1814, Brede.
My main family is Hook, Iam/was Mary Hook 1933.
Mary

Offline janicejo

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 09 March 16 15:04 GMT (UK) »
I'm helping someone with their tree, and I have found a Sussanah Cornford b.1758 Heathfield.  She married a James Robins from Warbleton.  Heathfield and Warbleton appear to be less than 3 miles apart, and many of the people in this tree seem to have connections in both towns.  Sussanah might be connected to you, her father was John Cornford, b.1726 Heathfield, and her mother was Mary Clapson b. 1724 Warbleton.  Pls let me know if there is a connection between the families.

Offline gavinsims

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 07 September 17 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I'm decended from William Cornford 1759 - 1844, he's my 5th great grandfather. I'm also at a loss to the Bellchambers link, a thread I'm trying to follow due to the rarity of the name, and thus I thought it'd be an easy path to follow, but can't find much. Has anyone been able to confirm who Williams parents were? Any help appreciated as I'm quite new to this. I have full ancestry access and access to the British Newspaper Archive, so have the tools, just struggling and I'm reluctant to just copy from other family trees, i did this before and ended up related to Henry VIII (please tell me I'm not alone in this rookie mistake?) ;)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 07 September 17 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome
The Marriage to Philadephia Bellchmbers was in Warbleton, East Sussex 1 Sep 1757.  Both are shown as of this parish.  Witnesses Thos CAVIE; Hny DURRANT

Offline gavinsims

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 08 September 17 08:41 BST (UK) »
Fabulous, thank you. I've had a DNA test done as well, yDNA on Familytreedna and also family finder on familytreedna, but not found any cornfords yet, but I think as the Cornfords are on my mothers side, I don't think the tests I had done would show that. This info is great though so thank you.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 08 September 17 09:25 BST (UK) »
I looked on the SFHG database,i could see no William only Elizabeth baptised 16 Feb 1769.
Before that Richard 1766       & no other children.
Thomas & Philadelphia married in 1757.A big gap from marriage to 1st born unless she had miscarriages or Still born babies.

Might be a problem with the parish register.
BTs for Warbleton, baptisms
Jany 10th? (not sure!) 1758,  Lydia Daughter of Thos + Phila. Cornford
December 16th? 1759, Willm. the Son of Thos and Philiadelphie Cornford
Image is on FamilySearch, if you register (free) and are logged in
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DR53-TFP?i=979&cat=585754
John