Author Topic: Argoed Fawr, near Talybont, Aberystwyth  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Abersleuth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Argoed Fawr, near Talybont, Aberystwyth
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 February 11 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Since you posted this, you have posted information about Isaac Davies and a possible Pryse connection and that is fascinating, but to reply to these questions:

1. John Williams (b. 1817) was born in Llanfihangel Genau’r Glynne,according to the Census. He married Elizabeth (Eliza) Jones in the parish church of Llanfihangel Genau’r Glynne in 1843 (I have their marriage certificate - Elizabeth was my husband's Great-great aunt)
2. He lived in Cynnil Mawr (Cynnullmawr) a township in Llanfihangel Genau’r Glynne (in which Argoed Fawr was situated) in 1851-1881. He was an agricultural labourer, living in Penypontpren, in 1851 and in 1861-81 he lived at Hendy, either as a lead miner or agricultural lab. He had 5 children, Elizabeth (b. 1845), Catherine (b. 1848), John (1854), William (b. 1859) and David (b. 1865). I think that John (b. 1854) was the John Williams living at Argoed Fawr in 1901 but I have no proof.
3. I think John Williams married Elizabeth Jane nee Evans in Aberystwyth in Jan-Feb-Mar 1875 (BMD Index 1875, Vol. 11b Page 102).  I do not have a copy of this marriage certificate, but intend to order it.

I hope that may help.  ???

Offline SueDav

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Argoed Fawr, near Talybont, Aberystwyth
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 January 18 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm new on this site. I know that my Great Grandfather was Isaac  DAVIES and he came from the Rowlands line.

I haven't got all the info to hand but am sure we are talking of the same people.

I will post again in couple days once get the info to hand.