Author Topic: Commins Coch  (Read 2331 times)

Offline gill10

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Commins Coch
« on: Wednesday 05 January 11 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi. Just starting to research my grandfathers side of family. Was Commins Coch in Merionethshire in approx 1880-1900? Or was it Montgomershire? Looking for a farm which i know was there in approx 1967 I think it was called Catel farm? Was owned ( i think) by a lady Edith Davies? She had 2 sons William John Davies and David Edwin Davies? Also a house in Commins which was there in 1967 i think was called Brynawel? An elderly lady lived there who had a corgi dog. Also relatives again in 1967 living in a little row of terraced houses near a little wooden bridge with steps going down into the houses. Would anyone know the name of the street?  My Grandfather was David John Williams who i think was born in Machynllech. Sorry its all a bit vague but as soon as i know more im sure il be back asking for help!! Sorry if im in the wrong county im new to tracing my family tree and finding it addictive but exciting. Only wish i had listened more as a child / teenager to my grandparents "ramblings" about the "good old days" Thank Gill

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Commins Coch
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 22:37 GMT (UK) »
It was definitely in Montgomeryshire.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JustLooking

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Commins Coch
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 05 January 11 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi  :)

In the parish of Darowen, Montgomeryshire:

http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/MGY/Darowen/index.html

JL
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gill10

• RootsChat Extra