Author Topic: George Hutchinson - Artist  (Read 9213 times)

Offline Spud01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Hutchinson - Artist
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 October 11 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi
I did look into this and thats the only record we can find of Esmeralda.  We think she was younger that so don't think that would be her.
Thanks for info on VJ.  We can't seem to find out why he changed his name.  We heard it was possibly because of some shame on the family or lost some money??  Although we have since found out his dad George Hutchinson was actually living in Clacton at Wash Lane so maybe why he moved from Surrey.
Spud01

Offline Rmk1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 January 17 23:18 GMT (UK) »
I am researching my family tree and my father was a son of victor jubilee hutchinson , also known as victor king , late of Clacton . My fathers birth certificate shows his name as Hutchinson  but he made Legal declaration that he had always used the name king since his earliest memory. He was born in 1924.
It would appear that I may be related to spud1 , so would be grateful to find out more

Offline Spud01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 January 17 19:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I was surprised to see a further post to this. What information would you like to know and can I ask who your father was?
Spud01

Offline Rmk1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 January 17 20:35 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out more about my fathers family. He died aged 45, when I was very young and I know very little, other than he had several brothers and sisters. After his death we had no contact with his family. He was Rodney Allan King ( HUTCHINSON ) . I have found some of his siblings names on the net but have no real details. Are you related , and do you have any further details ?

Offline Spud01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 20 January 17 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Yes, he was my uncle. I understand he died the year I was born 1969? My dad is 81 and he has a sister Pearl who turned 90 I believe yesterday! My dad knows that Rodney was involved in an accident on a boat and had a metal plate in his head as a result. He had a brother Ben, Stan, Wally, Rodney and sisters Pearl and Joyce. My dads name is Gordon. Sorry missed someone.... Donald

Offline Rmk1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 20 January 17 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for info, I was not aware of a Gordon, but it appears he was quite a bit younger than my dad. The info you have on my dad fits with the little I know, I believe he was in the merchant navy , when he was injured. I have a very vague recollection of visiting dads mum and brother Ben , sister Pearl in Colchester . I could not find a Pearl in the records so it was a bit confusing.
I know Ben died just before my dad, and it appears from bdm that most of the siblings have also passed away. It was great to hear that there are some surviving.  It appears we might be cousins ?
?

Offline Spud01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 20 January 17 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Yes! , I spoke to my dad tonight and he said that Ben died around the time your dad did. The bmd is abit odd as it seems that both pearl and Joyce are their second names , I know Joyce was Eleanor Joyce and I am trying to remember pearls first name .... I have it upstairs. The merchant navy sounds right and I have a couple of photos. Not sure how to converse more privately but if possible I can send you some information over. Are you son or Daugher of Rodney? Gladys I think was pearls first name? Gladys Elsie Pearl maybe but would need to check.

Offline Rmk1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 20 January 17 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Rodney had two daughters , I am the youngest, born 1953. Sadly my elder sister died in 2000.
Are you a daughter or a son ? 
Perhaps we could do phone numbers ?

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 21 January 17 00:12 GMT (UK) »
I was just browsing and came across this thread. It is great that you two have found each other.  :)

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that if you click on a member's name on the left of the screen you will see an option to send them a Personal Message (PM), so you can continue your discussion and exchange personal details privately.

:)