Author Topic: George Sharpe  (Read 8817 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: George Sharpe
« Reply #9 on: Friday 07 January 11 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Following on from some pm contact with LLPS - it appears that Frederick Sharpe was born in Croydon and was a labourer in 1911

However - there is no match to his birthyear on either the 1891 or 1901 census

This is the nearest and in 1881 - fathers name was William so that marriage cert is still needed for confirmation

1891 for Croydon - indexed as SHOUPE

Elizabeth Sharpe 37 b Sussex - Lowfield Heath
Laura   16 b Kent Farnham
William   15 b Kent Orton Kirby
George   12   ditto
Frederick 5 b Croydon
RG12 Piece 593 Folio 89 Page 11

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline LLPS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 January 11 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol  I would like to thank you for the help and the answers to my daughter on the Sharpe family. My grandfather Frederick Sharpe was born 1888 and died in 1959. his first wife was Hilda Gladys Sharpe.they had three children and one was my father.  My grandfather was away in the first world war when my Grandmother Hilda came down with Tuberculosis and was sent to a work house to live out her days. The children were put in the care of Dr.Barnardo. I do believe that my grandfather married two more times and that is where I am now. My greatest pleasure would be to find one of my half sisters or brothers and hopefully they may have a photo of my grandparents. I am not to quick on this computer but will do my best. Thanks again. Jerry Sharpe

Offline LLPS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 January 11 02:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole  I did find a lot of information from the LeMay Family Tree. I have e mailed her as there are some additions to add on and some dates to be checked. Hope I here from her soon............Jerry Sharpe

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 09 January 11 11:36 GMT (UK) »
Are you sure that Bernard was a half brother?  There is a Bernard H Sharpe bn Sept qtr 1917 Croydon 2a 449 with mothers maiden name of S'bire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 09 January 11 17:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Spidermonkey

I have info obtained by pm that confirms he was a half brother.  Hilda was the victim of a sexual attack which resulted in his birth
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://www.apigintime.net/blog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 09 January 11 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for clearing that up Carole, and poor Hilda.

Offline BHSB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 19 June 11 07:15 BST (UK) »
     I have some information that might be of interest to the Sharpe family.   Hilda Gladys was my father's sister and I have history of the drowning of their father and past generations.   I live in Australia and am a raw beginner on this site and am rather uncertain of the protocol.

Offline LLPS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 20 June 11 13:50 BST (UK) »
Hello BHSB, thank you for your reply, so your surname is Sbire? and Hilda Gladys is your aunt? I didn’t know that Hilda had a brother; I found that she had a sister; Louisa Harriet Sbire. If this rings true it would be awesome to share information with you. (I am not 100% sure on how to navigate around this site myself so it will be a learning experience, FYI I share this login with my dad so you may receive messages from both of us.  I did sign up for ansestory.com and have obtained a lot of information there but there are still holes and some information I fear may not be as accurate. Have you joined Anstory.com? If not that’s okay I will share what I have with you. Watch out this is addictive :)

Offline BHSB

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 21 June 11 05:14 BST (UK) »
Very nice to contact you LLBS - perhaps you are a Sharpe of ?generation!!!!!   My surname is S'bire  - my father was George Larbalestier S'bire b. Jersey 1891.  Both her and his youngest sister were sent to France to school at a very early age where he stayed until joining the British Army in 1914 - the only family he seems to have stayed in contact with was Ida Matilda b.1892.   Their mother, Louisa Alice must have either died in childbirth or soon after as she is no longer in the census of 1901.   The family was looked after by her sister Louisa Larbalestier I understand.   There were 4 older sisters - Georgina Mary b1885  - Louisa Harriet b1887 - Hilda Gladys b 1888 - Florence Larbalestier b1890 but I have no history of their lives.         The family tree I have dates back to Nicolas of Normandy whose son Nicolas b 1722 seems to have started this branch.   Helier James b.1859 was a master mariner and his ship "The Renown" carrying granite between Guernsey aand London was lost in a storm in 1891 with the loss of 8 lives.      As your grandfather was also a MM maybe there is a connection there.       I am not a great researcher.  I came across your search by accident and thought you may be interested in the information I had.   Best of luck in your search.   Kind regards   Barbara.