Author Topic: Cocking family of Gainsborough  (Read 12126 times)

Offline NEMASIS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Cocking family of Gainsborough
« Reply #45 on: Monday 24 January 11 15:08 GMT (UK) »
Louthlass: thanks for the pic.. I've traced a couple of publicans as distant relatives in other parts of my family, perhaps I should start my own brewery.
Simmons, Bond, Cocking, Forsdick, Ware, Perkins, Farley, Davis, Hodge, Yeo, Pugsley, Searle, Dunn, Setter, Maddock.

Offline Nigelco

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 12 June 11 22:14 BST (UK) »
John, who was  my great great grandfather  was born in Walkeringham Nottinghamshire in 1817 to Robert and Anne( Anne Cobb from Laneham). Previously they had been farming at Heapham, near Gainsborough for Joseph Cocking(Uncle) . When Joseph died they moved to Walkeringham. They had two children at Heapham, Sarah and Harriett. Robert and Anne moved back to North Wheatley were they had other children.Their  son John did marry Martha Barker and they moved to Gainsborough were they had a beer House on Spittle Terrace The building is still there complete with the old sign of the beer house. They had some children in Gainsborough. They moved to Beckingham were they took the licence of the Crown Inn, which had previously been run by Martha,s father.The remaining children were born in Beckingham. Their son John was my  great grandfather.

Offline Mary Cocking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 30 December 17 20:10 GMT (UK) »
hi, as a member of the Yorkshire branch of the cockings would like to add my husband is the great great grandson of John Cocking(1817)and Martha Barker(1820) found your page very interesting especially the drawings of the crown would love to hear from any relatives out there thanks Mary 

Offline Mary Cocking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 30 December 17 20:20 GMT (UK) »
hi nigel my husband Brian Cocking is also a gt gt grandson of John and Martha cocking we live in south Yorkshire. gt granddad is also John cocking granddad is Henry cocking and his father was john T Cocking regards Mary cocking x