Author Topic: Hyde family Immagration lookup  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Browny1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hyde family Immagration lookup
« on: Monday 10 January 11 20:10 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for the following family who i know went to Canada between 1901 & 1911. I was wondering if anyone could tell me when they moved to Canada. I know the destination was Ottawo.

Hyman Henry George Hyde born 1897 Chatham, Kent, England
Maud Ada Hyde born 1899 Chatham, Kent, England
Possibly Hilda Hyde born c 1909 England, but not sure if she was born in Canada or in England.

I don't know if they went with the parents. The father is Henry Joseph Hyde born 1866, Kent, England, and Mother Annie Amelia Hyde born 1871 Kent.

I think i found them on the 1911 Canada Census in Carleton. Hyman has been transcribed as Thomas, but it's not clear the date they entered Canada. It maybe 1910.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Browny

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Hyde family Immagration lookup
« Reply #1 on: Monday 10 January 11 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Browny

I believe I found your family aboard the Lake Manitoba sailing from Liverpool and arriving Quebec on May 22, 1910

Joseph Hyde, age 38, destined for Ottawa, Ontario; occupation in UK was ironworker but he intended to farm in Canada.
Annie Hyde, age 38
Hyman Hyde, age 13
Maud Hyde, age 11
Hilda Hyde, age 2

This is a link to the image of the passenger list on Library & Archives Canada.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0b7h/

If you look at the bottom of the previous page, you will see a Herbert, Emily and child Nellie Hyde also aboard this ship.  They were destined to Ottawa, Ontario also....perhaps they are family also??

Susan

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 10 January 11 23:37 GMT (UK) »
I found a marriage for Maud Ada Hyde to August Porter Abolit on June 13, 1922 at the Baptist Church of Ottawa, Carleton County.

August Porter Abolit, age 25, bachelor, machinist, Baptist, born Rotterdam, Holland, living at 177 Pretoria Avenue, Ottawa, son of John William Abolit born Riga, Russia and Emily Mary Porter.

Maud Hyde, age 23, spinster, Baptist, born Kent, England, living at 126 Pretoria Avenue, Ottawa, daughter of Henry Joseph Hyde born Kent, England and Annie Amelia Herbert.

Witnesses were Mrs. Oscar Remillard, St. Albans, VT, and Hyman Hyde, 144 Duimand(?) St.

Susan

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 04:25 GMT (UK) »
Are you looking for additional information about the family or just wanting the emigration info?

Susan

Offline Browny1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 14:50 GMT (UK) »
If there is ant further info you could find out for me that would be great. Deaths of Annie & Henry Joseph Hyde would be great, and the childrens marriages, deaths if possible.

Many thanks

Browny

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Browny,

Hyman H G Hyde. Aged 23 years. Born Chatham. Kent.  Bachelor. Methodist. Father:- Joseph H. Hyde
Mother Amelia Annie Herbert Hyde. Hyman living at 72 Springhurst Ave. Ottawa County. Occupation:- Machinist
Married Virginia Bateman of Wolverhampton England. Spinster. Methodist.  Born 1902 and aged 24 years on the 9 th June
1926 Carleton. Carleton County.
The parents of Virginia were  Fredrick Bateman  and Virginia Shirley

Regards
Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Forever Victorian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 08 August 15 00:19 BST (UK) »
I recently found the above heading on the Internet  Re:  Hyde family Immigration lookup, which was a person by the name of Browny1. 

I would love to hear back from Browny1 as I have some very interesting information for this person.  Please contact me.

Offline lorettagrace

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 22 May 17 01:47 BST (UK) »
Dear Browny,
I recently purchased a book (Uncle Toms Cabin) at an antique store in Toronto, Canada.  Inside there was a message addressed to Miss Hilda Hyde, 72 Springhurst Avenue, Ottawa E, Ontario Canada.  It read:
Dear Hilda,  with love and best wishes from Micaela.    March 20, 1914.    Thought you might find this of interest.   

Offline Forever Victorian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 26 May 17 23:49 BST (UK) »
Hi:

I am a direct descendent of the Hyde family listed above.   Maude and Hilda were my Great-Aunt's and August (Gus) was my Great-Uncle.  I would like to speak to lorettagrace if possible.  As I am interested in hearing more about the book she recently purchased in Toronto, Ontario Canada. Would you consider selling it to me?  It is a part of my family history and I never received anything from Hilda's Estate.  This would be something that is very personal to me and obviously to my Great Aunt as well.  Let me know if you are interested in selling it back into the Hyde family.