Author Topic: DAVY at Raddington Mill  (Read 7743 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DAVY at Raddington Mill
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 March 11 12:55 GMT (UK) »
We were all new to the system once!!  :D :D

One more post and you'll be able to PM the details.
You can do this by clicking on the green squiggly thing, under the posters name, in the box on the left!
How's that for a technical description?!  ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 14 March 11 14:00 GMT (UK) »
We tried to attach a photograph taken in 2010 which includes one of the original mill wheels but the file is too big.
The Dowds

See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,517364.msg3729357.html#msg3729357

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline kiwichoccie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Discovering & reconnecting with cousins globally
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 November 16 06:27 GMT (UK) »
Gee, I've not been on here forever and now I find all these posts.

Raddington Mill are you still contactable through here > I would be interested in info about the Mill. The Davys' who were there  (Thomas, Harriet, Morgan etc) and later at Washers Farm were my 3rd cousins 3x removed !

Claire
JAMES, THOMAS, KELSEY, HULETT, TIMMS, BODDINGTON, RICHARDS, LAWRENCE, FULLER, HORSKINS, VOSE, DANIELS, FIDLER, EASTMENT, DUPREE, DAVYS, BARRATT, COOPER, BARTLETT, WHITE, HAMMOND, LANEY, NORMAN, LONG, PALFREY, YEANDLE, HANCOCK, BECKER, HOGG, DENNISS, GILLETT, BOURNE, GREEN, CAMERON, McINTYRE, HALSEY, BESSELL, GIBSON, BROCK, HALL, MILLAR, PRITCHARD, BAILEY, NICHOLLS, DUFFILL , MILLARD, LANGFORD emigrated from England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Germany to Australia, New Zealand, Canada and USA.

Offline RaddingtonMill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 09 November 16 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Yes we are still here. Happy to try to answer any questions you may have about Washers, The Mill and the Davy's family. Last year we had  a visit from Renie Davies and her son so you still have relatives living in the area. We also have the conveyancing deeds going back to 1730. The Davys Family came to Raddington in 1830 from Milverton and became the vicar of Raddington Church which is the fifth smallest working church in the UK.

Regards

Ray and Julia Dowd

Offline Sullivanseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 23:45 BST (UK) »
Hello from New Zealand, first time using this site and immediately came across a family I researching! Wow. They are the Davys family of Raddington Mill...in the 1881 census Thomas Davys is a Miller living at Waterhouse Raddinton Mill with his family. Harriett, his wife and his children, Morgan, John and Pollie. Pollie is my husband's paternal great grandmother. We currently live in New Zealand but would love to hear from anyone who has information and to share family history. I see that someone has a lot of information about Raddington Mill and the Davys family. I look forward to hearing from anyone out there.  :)

Offline Erik Bloodaxe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 August 17 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hello from New Zealand, first time using this site and immediately came across a family I researching! Wow. They are the Davys family of Raddington Mill...in the 1881 census Thomas Davys is a Miller living at Waterhouse Raddinton Mill with his family. Harriett, his wife and his children, Morgan, John and Pollie. Pollie is my husband's paternal great grandmother. We currently live in New Zealand but would love to hear from anyone who has information and to share family history. I see that someone has a lot of information about Raddington Mill and the Davys family. I look forward to hearing from anyone out there.  :)

Well we are related.

I am descended from both Davys' and Yeandles in Raddington in the 18th Century.

Offline Sullivanseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 August 17 04:04 BST (UK) »
Hi, lovely to hear from you.  :D Which of the Davy's are you related through Erik?

Well we are related.

Offline Erik Bloodaxe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 27 August 17 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, lovely to hear from you.  :D Which of the Davy's are you related through Erik?

Well we are related.

Good question  ;D

The most common recent ancestor is James Davys 1732 - 1802 Pollie is descended from his son Thomas Davys 1766 - 1833.

I am descended from Thomas' younger sister Elizabeth born in 1768 through the names Yeandle , Reed, and Stevens. I grew up in Cutcombe, North West of Raddington.

Offline Sullivanseeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 August 17 01:21 BST (UK) »
Hello again from a wet and dingy Whitianga. Actually, it is my husband (a HILL) who you share a common ancestor with...  ;) It is interesting what you say as it would appear there is something amiss in our trees... always a good thing to find out really, if not a bit frustrating. I have Pollie DAVYS (1868-1961) descended from Thomas DAVYS (1829-1909) and a Harriet HEAL (1834-1925). It was Pollie's father, Thomas DAVYS (1829-1909) who was shown in the 1881 census as a Miller living at Waterhouse, Raddington Mills with his family, Harriett (wife), and children Morgan, John, Pollie and Edward. Thomas DAVYS (1829-1909) has a brother, Morgan (b: 1834) with his family as a farmer on a 300 acre farm. So it would seem the James Davys (1732 - 1802) you mentioned is too far back to be Pollie's grandfather. Thomas Davies (1829-1909)  probate has him of Washer Farm Raddington leaving his effects to a Frederick Heal farmer. What are your comments Eric. Look forward to hearing from you seeing as you are still in the historical home so to speak. cheers.
 :D