Author Topic: Joseph Benjamin Matthews  (Read 6766 times)

Offline moggles

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Joseph Benjamin Matthews
« on: Tuesday 11 January 11 22:29 GMT (UK) »
i am looking for my grandfathers familys details, he was born in Tipperary in Feb 1891
his name was Joseph Benjamin Jackson Matthews, he was possibly born in the
British barracks?. His brothers name was Gilbert Walker Rennie Matthews. I am
interested in tracing the familys history, parents, siblings etc. I have found as much as i can from this end, and would appreciate any help available
moggles.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Benjamin Matthews
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 January 11 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Joseph's birth should be included in civil records, so it may be possible to locate the correct reference in the BMD Index to order a birth cert for him.

See the following topic for details on searching the Index, ordering certs etc :

Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 April 11 07:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,
You might have found bye now the information you were looking for but if you are still looking I can give you a bit of information on the Matthews, Joseph Benjamin Jackson Matthews was born 12 Feb 1890 Chelsea London his brother Glbert was born 1891 Headington Oxfordshire and he also had 2 other brothers, Wilfred Hubert Edward Matthews born 20/9/1894 died 1895 Chelsea, father Joseph B.J. Matthews and mother Annie, the other brother was William Henry Matthews b. 31/3/1889 Chelsea with the same parents, cannot find a death for him, also Joseph snrs occupation on each baptism was a Butler, Annie their mother was born in Ireland and Joseph and Gilbert said on their Army records in Australia NSW that they were born in Ireland, goodness knows why, maybe they went back to Ireland where their mother came from and took that as there birth place, only they said it was Tipperary and their mother came from Cork, I have been helping some one else with this same family, so that is how I know so much, hope this helps you.

Offline Terry matthews

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 July 11 00:26 BST (UK) »
Moggles - you and I share family history - my father was Joseph Benjamin Jackson Matthews (and appears was your grandfather) who was born 12/Feb 1890, soldier 3rd Battalion AIF who had brothers William Henry, born 25 Jan 1889 in Chelsea; ; Gilbert Walter Rennie born 9 Sept 1891 Oxford, and Wilfred Herbert Edward born 20 Sept 1894 and died 30 May 1895. - like to hear from you- Terry Matthews

Offline Terry matthews

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 July 11 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Trish,

I am sorry I have not been in touch before as I have just joined Rootschat and noticed  your last post was in 07 - shame - but it appears you have worked on my family research - I am looking for information on Joseph Benjamin Jackson Matthews, who was born 12 Feb 1890 in Chelsea London and was my father whom you have indicated in your post  accurately details my father - but I am also looking for information on his father - also named Joseph Benjamin Jackson Matthews born 14 July 1857 in Brill, UK and who married Annie (Hannah) Geany/ey born 1868 at St Barnabas Church, Jericho, Oxford on 17 July 1887. Hope you get this post and we can chat more regards Terry Matthews

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 31 January 14 10:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Terry,

To get in touch with trisholdham, you can use the Personal Message (PM) system, but you need to make another post. Please  reply to this message.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 February 14 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tom,

Sorry but Terry Matthews emails is no longer working and sadly not been able to find him online :'(

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sjmatthews

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 January 16 17:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi - my name is Scott Matthews and I am the son of Terry Matthews who was on the chat below regarding his grandfather Joseph Benjamin Jackson Matthews and wanted to see if I could continue his work. If Trish or anyone could assist it would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Scott

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 January 16 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scott,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk