Author Topic: John Ruddell 1849 - 1953 - Portadown area  (Read 8768 times)

Offline AnneTweddle

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Ruddell 1849 - 1953 - Portadown area
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 16 May 12 11:47 BST (UK) »
Dear All,

As I am sure you are aware there are a number of Ruddells in the Portadown / Lurgan area in Ireland.
I am linked to the Ballintaggart group ( it was my Grandfather's farm) and I grew up in the area. I have a great deal of information for that branch.

I will be happy to share it.  I am having a bit of an issue linking the 1800's  to the correct mid 1800's brother, but getting there.
I will be in Ireland in August, and could take any photos you would want of grave stones etc.

Regards Anne

Offline gpanderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 26 March 16 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

My Great Granny sister Elizabeth Alexander married John Ruddell.  I actually visited the Grave last week.  I still live on the road they lived on!

My Great Granny was Martha Matilda Alexander.

I'll send you a pm message!

G

Offline gpanderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 March 16 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I tried to send you a PM but it says I can't send messages!  Can you send me a message..??

Thanks

Offline ansimi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 09:10 BST (UK) »
gpanderson, I think you need to make 3 posts before you can send messages. So just chat a bit more on rootschat :D

I'm glad you bumped this thread. I have the Alexander side of this family in my tree and I'd be interested in learning more about the Ruddells of Ballintaggert.

Does the grave say John Ruddell was 105? I don't have information about his parents or siblings so it would be nice to get a bit more on that.

Offline OzJen

• RootsChat Member
  • I came from over the sea ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 09:18 BST (UK) »
Hello ansimi!

We would love to hear more about the Alexanders as well, please!
The transcript of the newspaper write-up from Portadown says he was 105.

How exciting to be contacted in the one week by two people who are related!

Would you like to send us PM with some details so we can contact you directly?
Bennett (Aspley Guise & Luton, Beds); Elijah Bambridge (Burslem, Staff); Thomas Carr-Parkhurst boy (Loughrea, Gal'y); Dowle (Romney Marshes, Kent + London); Duffy (Trim, Meath); Joseph Kaye (Mirfield, W.Yks); Leonard (Meath); Mary Mulfahy/Fahy-famine orphan (Nenagh, Tipp'y); Elizabeth Hoskin (Illogan, Cornw); Wm Henry Pearce (Tucking Mill, Cornw, Burra, S.Aust); Ruddell (Kilmore, Armagh); Shepherd (Elstree, Herts); John/Clarissa Short (Bodmin, Cornw); Benjmn Thomas RN 1820s; Wright (Ballylisk).

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 11:30 BST (UK) »
Hi gpanderson

Welcome to RootsChat.

I am not too sure who you are trying to contact but the notification to Anne has just bounced back to us, it looks like she may have changed her email address.

I think that I may have managed to get a message to her to notify her of your reply? (fingers crossed)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline OzJen

• RootsChat Member
  • I came from over the sea ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 29 March 16 12:08 BST (UK) »
Hi ansimi,

The photo of the headstone that we have shows his age stated as 105. He died on 20 Jan 1953 and was born in 1847. We have one photo of him.

We don't know much more than that, but we do have a transcript of the article that appeared in the Portadown newspaper at the time, telling about his funeral.

Anything else that you or gpanderson can tell us about the Ruddells or the Alexanders would be most welcome!
Bennett (Aspley Guise & Luton, Beds); Elijah Bambridge (Burslem, Staff); Thomas Carr-Parkhurst boy (Loughrea, Gal'y); Dowle (Romney Marshes, Kent + London); Duffy (Trim, Meath); Joseph Kaye (Mirfield, W.Yks); Leonard (Meath); Mary Mulfahy/Fahy-famine orphan (Nenagh, Tipp'y); Elizabeth Hoskin (Illogan, Cornw); Wm Henry Pearce (Tucking Mill, Cornw, Burra, S.Aust); Ruddell (Kilmore, Armagh); Shepherd (Elstree, Herts); John/Clarissa Short (Bodmin, Cornw); Benjmn Thomas RN 1820s; Wright (Ballylisk).

Offline Dragon Queen

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 17 July 23 02:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Oz Jen,

Sorry , this is Anne again ... after a long break . Just trying to make contact again.
I remember the John Ruddell 105 year old info , and the picture , but my computer crashed with all info.
Could you resend as I now have renewed interest.  Queen Dragon ( Aka Anne T.)