Author Topic: Halls of Magheragall c1850  (Read 7893 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Halls of Magheragall c1850
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 January 11 16:42 GMT (UK) »
The microfilmed church records are available at Cregagh Library while PRONI is closed-
http://www.proni.gov.uk/index.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Teressa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 February 11 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi there ,there are Buntings at newtonards in ireland i no that one of the Bubtings moved to canada the Bunting side in my family is from my husband side dont no if this is any help or related just thout i would share this info to you Kind Regards   Teressa :) :)

Offline kwardell2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 03:19 BST (UK) »
Hi there ,there are Buntings at newtonards in ireland i no that one of the Bubtings moved to Canada the Bunting side in my family is from my husband side don't no if this is any help or related just thought i would share this info to you Kind Regards   Teressa :) :)

I'm related to Ann and john bunting,Ann is a brereton, brereton ,Wesley and Letitia bunting came to Canada in the 1850,
first Pickering Ontario,brereton stayed in Pickering was a prominent minister,Letitia married Joseph wardell and lived and died in strathroy Ont, Wesley also lived there. thomas and another brother stayed in ireland. I'm trying to find Joseph father which I'm sure belonged to the magheragall parish.in strathroy other families from ireland married wardells from the magheragall parish.

I'm looking for gravesite information on wardells bunting brereton thank Kevin wardell (*) Windsor Ontario

(*) Moderator Comment: Personal details removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

The Rootschat personal message system will be automatically activated when a member has made two or three posts on the boards. See Help-Page: http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Magheragall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 11:10 BST (UK) »
With reference to early headstone details, re bunting, the following are burial details

Scott Bunting 5 Copperfield Street Belfast Date of Funeral 4th June 1897 13 Months
Eleanor Ann Bunting Greenisland Date of Funeral 25th April 1899 Aged 59
Thomas Bunting Greenisland Date of Funeral 25th September 1899 Aged 59

magheragall

Offline Magheragall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 16 August 11 11:13 BST (UK) »
Further to previous post, the Bunting grave held in 3 names

Thomas Bunting Greenisland Station, 
John Bunting 160 Cooper Street Belfast 
Mrs H Bunting Low Quarter Magheragall 

this correct at 1895

yours

magheragall

Offline alisonbeetee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 22 September 13 13:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this information - I managed to visit the church in Magheragall last week but somehow missed this headstone, although I did find out some more information about the Halls/Gambles/Buntings/McBrides. The people mentioned on the headstone you refer to are certainly my wife's relatives so we are very grateful to you for providing one more link on an ever-growing chain!

Hi Mr Farenheit, John Bunting is my 3rd Gt grandfather. He was a shoemaker from Belfast according to my 2nd gt grandfather marriage cert, (Thomas Bunting, Stationmaster Greenisland). I know John was married to Ann Graham and would appreciate if you had any other information.  I think the Hall connection you are talking about if wife of John, brother of Thomas, to Anna Maria?  My Bunting family tree is on ancestry.co.uk if you want to have a look at what I've got.  Thank you

Offline Magheragall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 27 September 13 00:11 BST (UK) »
that Bunting headstone that I mentioned in earlier post also has a masonic symbol on it, a compass

yours

magheragall

Offline hnisc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 16 April 17 16:47 BST (UK) »
Although not directly related to me an ancestor of mine married into the Hall family:

John Kennedy Addison Esq
Notice Type:   Marriage
Residence Place:   Upper Ballinderry
Marriage Date:   19 Jan 1865
Marriage Place:   Magheragal
Spouse:   Jane Hall

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 29 March 20 21:59 BST (UK) »
Good day
Does anyone know more of Richard Scott's background? It looks as if he had both Edward Bunting and Thomas Bunting as sons-in-law. He married Maria Watson and was one of the tenants mentioned in the Hertford estate management rumpus and 1872 libel case. Was he e.g. a brother or cousin of William Scott of Magheragall (died 1900)?
cheers