Author Topic: Was your ancestor in the Royal Marines ?  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Family History - the ultimate detective story
    • View Profile
Was your ancestor in the Royal Marines ?
« on: Friday 15 April 05 19:16 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D

If you wish to find your ancestors Service Record, the address is:-

Second Sea Lord & Naval Home Command
Director Personnel Support (Navy) 2
Data Protection Cell
Building 1/52
Victory View
HM Naval Base
Portsmouth
Hampshire
PO1 3PX

I know, because I've just received a copy of my Dad's Service Record   ;D ;D ;D

BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline rosanne

• RootsChat Member
  • Just keep looking
    • View Profile
Re: WAS YOUR ANCESTOR IN THE ROYAL MARINES ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 April 05 05:17 BST (UK) »
Any online address? I have a gg grand father in the royal marines in 1880's. He used an alias to make my life even more interesting.
Rosanne
Maxwell, Kidson, Beckett, Byrne, Knight, Jeavons, Bitheway, Ellow, Ganly....Greater London and surrounds also Ireland

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 April 05 06:31 BST (UK) »
 :) :) :)

Roseanne,

You can try this link

http://www.royalmarinesregimental.co.uk/index.shtml

but you will probably end up having to write to them, as I did.

Happy hunting !!

:D :D

BUCKLEY, Ches. & Lancs, DUNN, Ireland & Lancs. EDGSON, Rutland, Leics & Lancs. LYON, Lancs. McNULTY, Ireland & Lancs. MORRIS, Beds, Hunts & Lancs. SWARBRICK, Lancs. TURNER, Lancs. WILLIAMSON, Lancs.

All Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline saar3

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 15:35 BST (UK) »
Would love to see my Grandfather's service record. Do you have to send any identification, payment etc?
Researching Moon, Jeffrey, Umpleby, Mortimer, Lowcock, Lynch, Naylor, Cobb, Emmott, Lofthouse, Limbert, Brooks, Gilbank, Wilkinson, Watkinson, Hebden, Hey and Clemie in Yorkshire<br />and<br />Myatt and Lawrence in Staffordshire and Warwickshire

Offline Mobo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 15:45 BST (UK) »
 :D :D :D

First of all Saar, you have to write to the address below, you will then receive forms to fill in as proof of identification which you send off, together with the person's death certificate, and a cheque for £20.00

Warning : If they can't find his record you don't get your money back, I'm afraid, it depends how important it is to you.

;D ;D ;D

Offline saar3

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 19 April 05 18:13 BST (UK) »

Thanks for the extra information.

Mary
Researching Moon, Jeffrey, Umpleby, Mortimer, Lowcock, Lynch, Naylor, Cobb, Emmott, Lofthouse, Limbert, Brooks, Gilbank, Wilkinson, Watkinson, Hebden, Hey and Clemie in Yorkshire<br />and<br />Myatt and Lawrence in Staffordshire and Warwickshire