Author Topic: Brummit's Ropery Lincoln  (Read 16093 times)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
Re: Brummit's Ropery Lincoln
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 30 July 11 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hi, sounds as if things fit. When you have scanned would it be possible to have a copy?
Regards

Yeah, no problem, I might be a week or two before I get it done though, the scanner equipped pc at the library is always in demand.

Offline ironfloor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 30 July 11 13:52 BST (UK) »
My interest in the Brummitt's is that John Brummitt (Roper) was the father of my GGGFather's wife Caroline Brummitt, a David HERD.  I am travelling over to Lincoln on Mon/Tuesday (1-2 Aug) to do some work in the Library on Tuesday in the hope of evidencing some of my research.
Regards

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 05 August 11 20:52 BST (UK) »
Glen in tinsel kni

please but the photo on here when you can,   pretty please  :)

Eilleen.
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 06 August 11 10:21 BST (UK) »
Will do, we can then have a "guess the year" competition.

Offline CYRXAM1939

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 11 August 17 04:14 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Max, from NZ & I'm almost complete with the family tree on the NZ side & my information here tells me my grand father Robert Henry Wheatley was born in Lincoln 1869 & was the son of William Wheatley & his mother was Mary Ann who's parents were William & Harriet Roberts.I believe the family resided @ (Brummitts Ropery, St Paul, Lincoln,Lincolnshire, England.
I do have a lot of INFO of how how he got to NZ but not sure how he got to the USA? I would love to know "IF"he had any other Brother's or sister's?
I do know William & Mary Ann Wheatley went to the USA & William was a Veterinary surgeon with the 6Th Cavalry in Kansas, Arizona where he passed away & Mary Ann then traveled with her son to NZ.
I would be delighted to find  any of the above is factual.
Thank you for anyone have read the above of can assist.  Max.

Offline CYRXAM1939

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 11 August 17 20:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Hoppout

Yes this is certainly of great interest to me. The original request by me in January 2008 was for the location in Lincoln of Brummitts ROW as the birth certificate of my mother stated she was born at number 5 in May 1905. However later investigation showed her baptismal records from St Paul in the Bail stating she was living, less then a month later, at 5 Brummitts ROPERY in the St Pauls Parish.

As for your message a William Wheatley born in Lincoln in 1849 to Henry & Margaret Wheatley is my 1st cousin 3 times removed. At present I have only traced him as far as the 1861 census.

In the 1871 census the William Wheatley you mention is shown as living at 5 Brummitts Ropery and is the son-in-law of your Great Grandfather William Roberts and his wife Harriet, their daughter Mary Ann having married William Wheatley at St Paul in the Bail on the 9th Feb. 1868. There are however a number of points that stop me at this stage from saying that your William Wheatley and mine are one and the same person.

One is that the Lincolnshire Marriages Index for the above marriage shows the Grooms father as also being a William not Henry.

It is of course possible that the Index is wrong; I have seen the given names for grooms and Brides fathers incorrectly stated before, however the BIVRI also shows the same details plus it gives Williams age as being 21 so that would equate to a birth in 1847/48. 

On FreeBMD there are two records for the birth of William Wheatley in Lincoln, one is in the Sep Q of 1848, which is, I suspect is your William the other in the June Q of 1849, which I believe is mine.

I anticipate visiting the Archives at Lincoln in about 2 weeks time and I will check the Parish register for that particular marriage to see what it says but I fear it will be the same as the two above mentioned records.

Another strange and interesting fact about 5 Brummitts Ropery is that in 1911 a great aunt of mine, Winifred Bradford nee Wheatley was living at that same address with her husband Thomas and Daughter Elsie.

Alan

Offline margretbrandsnz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 18 September 17 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hello, Max,  I am an amateur historian living in NZ and looking for a 2017 contact with the Wheatley family who are connected to the NZ family of Mary Ann Wheatley, nee Roberts.  Two of her children came to NZ and, I've been told her mother Harriet.. Mary Ann's son John Robert Henry married in Auckland as did his sister Lilly Laura Wheatley, and her husband was Llewellyn.
Margret

Offline CYRXAM1939

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 18 September 17 23:54 BST (UK) »
Hello Margaret,
Thank you for your reply to my question & I will now have to search Lilly Laura Wheatley, However I understood That my grandfather's name was just, Robert Wheatley, so John puts a different twist on my info. I have his marriage certificate dated 6th March 1891 to Annie Inman, so dose  this compute with your records?
I will research (Lilly now). I know Mary Ann Wheatley my great grand mother married a Mr.Lewellyn Allen WOOD a few years after her arrival in NZ. I also have her Obituary. Any further info you may have I would be very greatfull for & look foreward to further chats. Question- do you reside in NZ?

Offline margretbrandsnz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 19 September 17 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hello, Max. I have sent you a Personal Message. Herald island history is my focus and your Wood family were once owners of it.  Your ancestor, Llewellyn was both brother to, and son of, two such owners, namely Maria, infant at time of pre-emptive claim, and Samuel Allen purchaser by two grants known as 15 an 15A, in late 1840's. Margret.