Author Topic: St Joseph's orphanage Dun Laoghaire  (Read 22038 times)

Offline loueire

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
St Joseph's orphanage Dun Laoghaire
« on: Friday 14 January 11 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,trying to help my mum track down two long lost friends,my mum was at the orphanage in tivioli rd from 1953-57,she's trying to find out about two friends who were there at the same time.Would anyone know of any website or group for survivors of that particular orphange please?
Kind regards,
Lou.

Offline jinnyclarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: St Joseph's orphanage Dun Laoghaire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 November 11 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lou ,I am trying to get information about st Joseph's orphanage  tivoli rd ,my mother was there in 1956 till 1959 she would have been about 10 yrs of age when she went in,I was just wondering how your mother got on while she was in there as my mother seems to have blocked a lot of things out and has only just started to talk about been in there recently. Kind Regards Jinny

Offline Pastmagic

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Levington House, Mullingar
    • View Profile

Offline jinnyclarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 November 11 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lou, so sorry to hear about your mum ,just want to thank you for reply ,I have visitor over at the moment would you mind if i got back to you later. Kind Regards Jinny

Offline loueire

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 November 11 08:11 GMT (UK) »
that's fine. :)

Offline jinnyclarke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 04 November 11 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lou, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday my visitors didn't leave till late last night ,I hope you don't mind me writing to you I know it must be very hard for you talking about this when your mam has just passed away its just that my mam and I have been trying to find some information about the home for the last two yrs and I just came across you ,your the first person that has given me any information, I was just wondering if you remember any of the nuns names ...* did your mam ever mention anything about the guest house at the back of the orphanage as I said in my last message my mam has blocked everthing out and we are just trying to piece things together its only when we start looking into things that she start remembering bits and pieces ,was your mam younger or older than my mam my mam is 65 now and was your aunt in st josephs too, look forward to hearing from you , Kind Regards Jinny

* see following post

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 04 November 11 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Just a reminder not to mention details of any living people, or people who may be living or recently deceased.

It may be better to discuss the details of these events in Private using the Personal Message system, (see : http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php) You can use this to exchange personal details, including email addresses.

thank you,

Dublin Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline MfhAngels

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 13 March 14 02:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lou, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday my visitors didn't leave till late last night ,I hope you don't mind me writing to you I know it must be very hard for you talking about this when your mam has just passed away its just that my mam and I have been trying to find some information about the home for the last two yrs and I just came across you ,your the first person that has given me any information, I was just wondering if you remember any of the nuns names ...* did your mam ever mention anything about the guest house at the back of the orphanage as I said in my last message my mam has blocked everthing out and we are just trying to piece things together its only when we start looking into things that she start remembering bits and pieces ,was your mam younger or older than my mam my mam is 65 now and was your aunt in st josephs too, look forward to hearing from you , Kind Regards Jinny

Jinny, can you contact me a.s.a.p.  thanks...M

* see following post

Offline suzy6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 27 April 14 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Lou,

I was in St. Joseph's orphanage tivoli road for 3 years, from 1959 to 1962.  I remember names and events that took place at that time.  I should be pleased to let you have the information to help your mum.